When trying to install the important update for IE9, some computer users continuously get the Windows update error code 9c48. At this time, not only has the update failed, but it has caused IE9 to be inoperable, resulting in NO browser at the end. Some people reported that there just isn’t any solution and nothing can be done to fix the problem unless taking it to a computer repair store. However, there are some pretty easy-to-follow tips you can use to fix Windows update failed error instantly.
The first tip you should d when getting the update error is to find out what you didn’t update after the error occurred. To do this, you can directly follow the 5 simple steps here:
1) Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button in the lower left hand corner of your screen and clicking “All Programs”, followed by clicking “Windows Update”.
2) On the left side of your screen, click “View update history”.
3) Find an update for Windows that has failed to install, and then double-click the update to view more information. Updates that have failed to install, or have yet to install will display “Failed” under “Status”, next to the update name.
4) In the “Windows Update” dialog box, next to “Error details”, review the error code for the failed update and get a list of the codes for the updates that failed.
5) Either follow the links in the “Windows Update” dialog box under “More Information” or “Help and Support” to try to fix the problem, followed by trying to install updates again by using “Windows Update” in Control Panel” or directly copy & search the error codes on web so that someone may be able to assist you further.
If you are not able to fix the Windows update error code 9c48 after performing the above solution, to remember to check and fix some errors existing in your hard disk. Sometimes, some hard disk errors can also cause the update error to happen. To do this, directly go to START > RUN > CMD > SFC /SCANNOW.
In some cases, the Windows update error code 9c48 error messages will be caused by some viruses on the computer. When the files that required to install the Windows update were attacked and mis-deleted from the computer due to virus attacks, this update error code will appear every time when you install some updates. At this time, you have to make sure that you are running a trusted 3rd party firewall/antivirus/antispyware program on the computer. With such product, you can not only block & remove PC threat any time, but also ensure that the update downloads is not mis-deleted as a malware.
However, the most common cause for the Windows update error code 9c48 is a corrupt Windows registry database. When the system cannot read through this database for its needed keys to install your desired update, you will come to the chance to get the code 9c48 Windows update errors. To fix Windows update error code 9c48 automatically by using a registry error fixing tool will be the best choice for you. This tool helps to completely clean registry files as well as other computer errors in your system. Additionally, it easily helps to easily delete and get rid of the unnecessary files & entries on your computer to improve PC performance instantly. Annoyed with your computer with numerous errors? Download and run one right now!
Scan your computer immediately and fix Windows update error code 9c48 instantly with the professional computer health software now. It can get rid of all potential computer risks, returning you a completely error-free system within steps.
- Remove Worm/Foler.E.68 - The Safest Way to Perform Worm/Foler.E.68 Removal
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware/SMSHoax.108.1285 from Annoying You
- Remove Backdoor/MSIL.Bladabindi.3486 - The Safest Way to Perform Backdoor/MSIL.Bladabindi.3486 Removal
- Remove shoppy ads Safely and Effectively
- Remove Backdoor/Darkddoser.B.95 - The Safest Way to Perform Backdoor/Darkddoser.B.95 Removal
- A Guide to Fix caffiene.exe Error
- How to Stop Adware/ANDR.Waps.D.2783 Easily - Removal Guide
- Remove Ransom:Win32/Reveton.V - The Safest Way to Perform Ransom:Win32/Reveton.V Removal
- What Are The Best Registry Cleaners for Windows XP?