When trying to install latest updates, the update job failed no matter what I have ever tried and the update history shows error 800F0902 for all latest updates. This has been going on for a while, but I had no idea on what I should do. Luckily, I was able to find some solutions from the web and deal with the Windows update error 800F0902. To my own experience, it is very easy to be fixed if you take the below steps one by one.
The first method to fix the error code 800F0902 in installing Windows update is by using the Windows DOS Command Prompt. To do this, you can simply perform the below steps:
* Click on the Start menu on the left-hand bottom of the computer.
* Open the “Run” which can be found under the “Search” option.
* Type in “cmd” and press Enter to continue. This will pull up the Windows DOS Command Prompt that all users are able to make direct changes to Windows Registry and other Windows Operating System components.
Secondly, you have to ensure the proxy settings on your PC are correct. The problem can also be fixed by making sure you have the correct proxy settings for your Internet connection. To do this, go to Control Panel and then select Tools. Check all the internet options and player options. Refer to the Microsoft website to see if the settings are correct. If they are wrong, you can use the Microsoft resource to set them correctly for better, hopefully error-free use of Windows update service. When the service cannot connect to the web correctly because of a mis-configured proxy setting, you will get the Windows update error 800F0902.
Thirdly, remove the useless items from your computer. The unused items just like programs, system junk files; TEMP files on the computer will eat up a lot of precious hard disk space, leading the Windows update error 800F0902 to show. So, you should uninstall all the needed programs and run the Windows built-in Disk Cleanup utility to delete all these files immediately from your computer.
Also, you need to scan and remove all viruses from your computer. Viruses and malicious programs are able to attack and destroy all files on the computer. Once the system cannot access and read the needed files properly, the Windows update error 800F0902 message will appear.
In many cases, Windows update error 800F0902 has something to do with your Windows registry. Every time you install or uninstall a program, it will add or remove some entries to or from Windows registry. With so many combinations of records that overlap each other – especially bad installation, numerous broken or useless entries will be left in the registry database. These corrupted files will make Windows unable to access and read the registry for required files to finish the update process. Therefore, to fix update error 800F0902, you should fix corrupted registry entries at first. Only with a clean and compact registry, can you run your computer more smoothly.
After fixing the Windows update error 800F0902 with the above steps, you will be able to install all your desired updates correctly without problems. Take them now and some other Windows update errors just like Windows update error 8024200d will be fixed, too.
- Code 28 Error - How to Fix Code 28 Error quickly?
- Nv4_disp.dll error fix - Simple steps to fix nv4_disp.dll error
- Error code -2147467259 - Fix error code -2147467259 quickly
- Zlib1.dll error repair - How to fix zlib1.dll error quickly?
- Invalid signature detected - Causes and solutions
- Computer randomly restarts - Stop random PC restarts easily
- QQ runtime error troubleshooting - Fix QQ runtime error now
- My Skype keeps crashing and what should I do?
- Runtime error 9877 - Common ways to fix runtime error 9877