The Windows update error 0×80240036 is a very common error which can happen in almost all Windows-based operating systems. Such an error is likely to occur when you are trying to install some updates on the computer. Actually, such error can happen on the PC due to various reasons such as some corrupt registry entries, broken software distribution folder and so on.
First of all, I think you should make sure that you can connect to the Internet correctly so as to fix Windows update error 0×80240036, and it is better that you can download all the updates when you are not busy with the computer. At this time, it will not only save you time in downloading, but also download the whole one. But in my opinion, when Windows asks whether you want to apply Windows Updates automatically the first time you got your computer, it is better that you can set it to automatically. If you agreed to turn Automatic Windows Updates on then you most likely have all the latest updates from Microsoft. If not, you should set it with the below steps:
* Click Start, and Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
* Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then select one of the following options. I highly recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them option.
Secondly, if your computer is infected by spyware or viruses, it can also bring in update error 0×80240036. Once some files are attacked or broken by threats, it will fail to recall needed files to update the system properly. If this is the case, do immediately scan your computer with the antivirus antispyware program without hesitation. In my opinion, it is best that you can let your antivirus programs always runs at system startups and in the background as this helps to block and remove PC threats at any time.
However, one of the main reasons behind this Windows update error 0×80240036 is corrupted, broken and misplaced registry files. Registry database are the essential part of the system that contains all the important settings that are needed to ensure the proper working of the system. The damaged registry files are able to cause the problems in successfully installing the updates in Windows Vista when the system cannot access the necessary files correctly. So, to correct or remove surplus and corrupted registry files regularly is needed when you are trying to get rid of either Windows update error 0×80240036 or Windows update error 80248015.
Besides the steps above, you should also run your Chkdsk program to check and fix all your hard disk errors, and update any of the outdated drivers to the latest ones. This also helps to fix the Windows update error code 0×80240036.
In my opinion, fixing Windows update error 0×80240036 is very easy if you have a registry repair tool installed on the PC. However, if you keep on doing the above tips regularly in your daily life you can always enjoy a pleasant PC life all the time.
- Ntoskrnl.exe is corrupted - How to fix ntoskrnl.exe error without problem?
- iTunes error -3212 - How can you fix iTunes error -3212 effectively?
- Computer freezes and Internet not working? Optimize your PC now
- STOP code 0x00000005 - Resolutions for STOP 0x00000005 blue screen errors
- Error code 0x00000013 - How to stop 0x00000013 blue error effectively?
- System error -2147024864 - Quickly fix system error -2147024864 now
- Computer boot error - How to boot up computer correctly?
- What causes error code 80150101 and how to fix it?
- Msi.dll Error - How to Fix Missing Msi.dll problem in Windows 7