One computer user contacted me and told that he had tried multiple times to get the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 update to install, but every time he just got to 99% and an error message popped up saying that ‘Code 490 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.’ I believe you might have ever experienced this error code 490 while using the computer and encounter the annoying computer slowdown, program crashes or even blue screen. Fix the error earlier before it brings in more serious problems to the computer.
First of all, you should know that the error is actually related to .NET Framework on the computer. So the most effective way to deal with the problem is to check and repair the .NET Framework file when getting the Windows update error code 490. To do this, follow the below instructions:
1. Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility > run the program > remove.NET Framework
2. Then, open your web browser and navigate to Microsoft website
3. Download the other.NET Framework 1.1 and.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
4. Copy the file into your hard drive and restart your computer
5. Go to Start > Run
6. Type “NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-x86.exe and install.NET Framework 1.1 SP1″
7. Press Enter and follow the on-screen prompts to go
8. Reboot your computer and see whether the error message has gone or not.
If you fail to fix the update error with the above method, scan and remove all viruses from your computer. Viruses and malicious programs are able to attack and destroy all files on the computer. Once the system cannot access and read the needed files properly, the Windows update error code 490 message will appear.
But in many situations, Windows update code 490 might happen on the computer for example when the user removes a program or hardware incompletely from the operating system as this will results in invalid registry keys in the registry database. The invalid keys left behind might interrupt the operating system to communicate with a device or hardware, which will lead to the appearance of error code 490. So to prevent and fix the Windows update error code 490, you have to make sure that your Windows registry is always cleaner by running a trusted registry cleaner product regularly. The Windows Registry cleaner will scan the registry fully and provide you a list of the invalid registry keys which exist in the registry and hampering the functioning of the computer. In this way, you can easily click on the “Repair” button to automatically fix all the errors inside Windows registry.
To ensure the security and efficiency of your computer, get the best computer error fixer here to fix Windows update code 490 within clicks. Then you will be able to install all your desired updates correctly without problem.
- iTunes error 1004 resolve - Get rid of iTunes error 1004 simply
- How can you correct error message 44?
- 0×80070643 error fix - Fix error 0×80070643 on Windows update now!
- Why is my computer running so slow? Steps to make PC faster now
- Hid.dll error repair - What is the best way to fix hid.dll error?
- Error code c000- How to solve error code c000 instantly?
- What is hkcmd.exe file and how to fix hkcmd.exe error?
- HTTP error 12029 - What error 12029 mean and how to fix it exactly?
- Java runtime error - How to deal with a runtime error in Java?