Have you ever gotten a no sound message on your computer while listening to the music or watching videos on YouTube? This can be quite pesky when you find your speakers are still connected but in the control panel it says there is no sound device. What could you do when your laptop has no sound? First, there’s no need for you to worry! In this page, I will give you detailed instructions how to troubleshoot and solve pc no sound problem.
The following steps are available for enabling sound and fix no sound issue:
Step1: Enable the Windows Audio Service
1. Click Start >Run > enter services.msc
2. Scroll down the list of services and find Windows Audio
3. Right-click Windows Audio and select Properties
4. Select Automatic from the Startup type dropdown list, and click Start to start the audio service
5. Click OK
If your computer continues to experience no sound, then go to step 2.
Step2: Enable the Audio Device
1. Right click on the My Computer icon, then click Properties
2. Click on the Hardware tab and then Device Manager button
3. Check under ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ menu by clicking on the plus sign beside it.
4. If any item has a speaker icon WITH a red X, right-click that item and select Enable
5. Close Device Manager.
Test for sound on your computer, if not getting back, you need to continue the next step.
Step3: Restore your Audio Drive
1. Open Device Manager and look in the Sound, video and game controller section
2. Look for the name of your sound hardware
3. Download and install audio drivers from manufacturer’s sites
Step4: Free download the best Registry Cleaner
If you are still having problems after reinstalling, then you are supposed to run a professional Repair Tool. Actually, most of the No sound Error occurs because registry entries of sound device were destroyed or deleted. So scan and clean the corrupted or missing registry entry of your computer is necessary.
1. Install the registry cleaner tool on your computer
2. Run the program and scan your computer
3. Problems list after scanning
4. Click Repair button to successfully fix Windows registry errors and computer no sound problems.
By fixing registry errors on the computer, you could quickly get back your sound effectively as most of the time a corrupted registry is the main cause. However, lots of computer user will ignore this point when coming to no sound problems on the computer. So no matter when the computer has no sound, do not rush to the repair store as a simple registry cleanup process helps to fix it immediately.
- Error 1603 – How to fix error code 1603 the perfect way?
- Windows 7 Fix –How To Fix Windows 7 Code 39 Error
- Simple steps to fix Office error “A File Error Has Occurred”
- Error 130 repair - Solve Google Chrome error 130 easily
- Dealing With a Computer Running Slow and Pop-Ups
- Event 315 with error 2114 fix - Troubleshoot & fix event 315 with error 2114 at PC startup
- Netsh.exe not found - Detailed solutions to fix netsh.exe error
- Deal with “Could not create the virtual Java machine” issue now
- MSVCP100.dll error - Fix MSVCP100.dll missing error instantly