Some users complain that they will receive one of the following error messages after installing Microsoft Office XP or one of the Office XP programs on the computer:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!
Program:.. C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYSTEM\MOSEARCH\BIN\MOSDMN.EXE abnormal program termination
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error! Program:.. C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON
FILES\SYSTEM\MOSEARCH\BIN\MOSEARCH.EXE abnormal program termination
However, what causes this runtime error and how can you fix it? Most of the time, this behavior happens when a program conflicts with the Mosdmn.exe and Mosearch.exe files on your computer as what you can learn from the error message. Here, I will show you some common solutions to fix this Microsoft C++Runtime Library runtime error.
First of all, you should know that the Mosdmn.exe and Mosearch.exe files are very vital component part of the “Support for fast searching” feature in Office XP, which helps to create a catalog of Office files on your computer’s hard disk.
And to fix the Microsoft C++Runtime Library runtime error, simply perform steps below:
1. Disable the automatic boot of MoSearch
The startup items of the Mosearch.exe (Microsoft Office Search Service) and Mosdmn.exe (Microsoft Office 10 Search Filter Daemon) may sometimes conflicts with some other program s running in the background and then cause the runtime error. Therefore, try to disable the MoSearch from the Startup menu to check whether this program is the source of the problem. To do this, simply perform the below steps:
*Click Start, and then click Run.
*Type msconfig into the search box and then press “Enter” to proceed..
* On the General tab, click Selective startup.
* Here, you should unselect MoSearch and then click “OK”, and Yes when you are prompted to restart the computer.
If the error message does not appear after you restart the computer, this indicates that MoSearch might be conflicting with some other program or programs running in the background and results in the runtime error message. To deal with this problem, turn to the next steps.
2. Uninstall the “Support for Fast Searching” Feature
To uninstall the “Support for fast searching” feature will also helps to fix the runtime error, But please note that the steps below applies only to computers that are running Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition.
*Close all Office programs and other running programs.
* Click Start, Settings, and then click Control Panel; double click Add/Remove Programs.
* Click Microsoft Office XP product, where Office XP product is the name of the specific Office product in question in the list; and then click Add/Remove.
* When you are in the Maintenance Mode Options dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
* Click the plus sign (+) next to Office Tools, point to the icon next to Support for fast searching, and then click Not Available; and then Update.
* Follow all the on-screen procedures to go and restart your computer when it is finishes.
By uninstalling the “Support for Fast Searching” Feature, the Microsoft C++Runtime Library runtime error will be gone immediately. But in my opinion, it is best that you can run a registry cleanup utility to thoroughly scan your computer and remove all associated registry items. Only with a clean and error-free registry database, can you always run your computer without problems.
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware.ClariaGAIN from Annoying You
- Slow computer speed? Simple ways for improving computer performance immediately
- How to Stop ads by eleveninstall pop-up Easily - Removal Guide
- Effective Ways to Stop ads by hq cinemax 1.9cv26.01 from Annoying You
- How to Remove Backdoor.Beasty.C Completely Off Your PC
- Remove Adware/Eorezo.AY.14 - The Safest Way to Perform Adware/Eorezo.AY.14 Removal
- How to Remove Adware/ANDR.Leadbolt.A.1117 Completely Off Your PC
- Effective Ways to Stop broowusee2save ads from Annoying You
- Guide to Remove discounttime ads