Occasionally while using the Internet Explorer, you will get a dialog box appearing in the screen saying that: “Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.” This usually happens when some scripts takes an excessive amount of time to run to notify you whether you decide to continue running the slow script or not. But how can you get rid of it and prevent the script error from appearing again?
To fix the “Stop running this script” or some related errors just like “welcome to nginx” error may happen when there is something wrong with the extensions on your computer. Extensions are those that you had installed to improve your internet experience, for example, the add-on Ask toolbar. However, some of them if are incompatible with your system, or functioning improperly will result in the script error message. In this way, you have to find those malfunctioning add-ons, and then disable them. To do this, just follow the steps below:
* Open your Internet Explorer.
* Click Tools and then Manage Add-Ons.
* Select All Add-Ons option from Show drop down box.
* Find and disable the unwanted add-ons, and then click Close button.
* Restart IE and then the changes will take effects.
Secondly, clear the browser cache on the computer. We know that a web browser cache is a directory, or a folder having stored copies of the most recently visited websites to optimize the Internet performance. The more cache files on the computer, the slower the computer will be, and the more chances for you to get the “Stop running this script” error messages. So do remember to clear the unneeded cache files from your computer regularly.
If you do not want to get such kind of script error message, you can simply disable it. But in my opinion, this cannot permanently deal with the problem. However, you can try the steps here to disable it from appearing on your PC if you like.
* Open your Internet Explorer and click the Tools tab on the topmost part of your browser.
* Click the Internet Options then select the Advanced Tab
* Uncheck the box located next to the phrases Display a Notification about Every Script Error.
Fourthly, what you need to do right now is to run a thorough virus scan on your system with your Antivirus software immediately. Viruses or spyware programs are above to attack and remove all system code files from your computer, making you get the “Stop running this script” error messages again and again when lots of system resources are eaten by the computer viruses. Right now, all antivirus programs have an option that will scan your hard drive and registry database immediately to remove any infected items from your computer.
Finally, as the most important part the computer, registry controls the proper running of all the programs installed on your PC. Once some needed files are corrupted or broken as you install/uninstall programs, the Stop running this script error message will appear when the program cannot reach the correctly needed files. Hence, to always ensure the proper running of the computer and all of your programs, you should scan and fix registry errors at a regular basic.
But sometimes, only cleaning the Windows registry is not only enough to fix IE script errors. So when encountering the problem in IE 6, you can try to click on tools, then Internet options and then advanced tab to disable script debugging. By doing this step and using a registry cleaner, you can quickly fix any issues with a Stop running this script error instantly. Besides, by using a registry cleaner, you can easily maintain stable computer performance and prevent other computer performance effectively.
- Registry Error Code 39- The Best and Effective Way to Fix Registry Error Code 39
- Guide to Remove ADWARE/InstallCore.A.83
- How To Fix apple ios 4.3 firmware.exe Not Found or Missing Errors
- Guide to Remove win32.adware.acp
- Effective Ways to Stop Adsbrought by video player from Annoying You
- Guide to Remove Adware/MSIL.DomaIQ.f.142
- How to Fix wmpnscfg.exe Error Effectively?
- How to Stop Adware/Ezula.G.243 Easily - Removal Guide
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware/Sees.1.82 from Annoying You