Nowadays, it is very easy for you to find computers in every professional and personal environment but not for office jobs or business purposes. But do you find your computer is running slow right now? Is your system booting slow or the applications are taking longer time to launch than ever before? These are the most common problems that lots of computer users will come across while using the computer. But how to speed up your computer? In my opinion, though most of the problems associated with the computer performance are due to low system memory, infection of viruses and other security threats and incompatible software, there are still ways to speed up a slow running computer quickly.
1. Disable some unnecessary startup options. We know that the computer has to load all the startup items before booting into the system. Hence, if there are too many programs to load at one time, it will be a great burden just like a human being. So the first steps to fix a slow running computer is to directly go to Start -> Run -> type “msconfig” and press “Enter” to get into the System Configuration Utility to disable the unneeded services within “Service” tab and unnecessary startup items within “Startup” tab.This also helps to prevent some other PC errors just like r6009 runtime error.
2. Empty the useless desktop icons. Lots of computer users prefer to create shortcuts or place applications on the desktop directly in order to access them more conveniently. However, such action will absolutely slow the computer down as no matter when you start up the computer, it has to first load all these files before getting into the system. I remember that several days again, one of my friends asked me why his computer was so slow! Oh, my god! He saved all of his.doc files,.txt files and all downloaded applications directly on the desktop. After cleaning the unneeded ones, now his computer is flying again.
3. Remove computer viruses. To speed up your computer, it is necessary for you to run an anti-virus program to ensure that your computer is always well protected against any virus, malware, spyware and other kinds of malicious software. These infections will take up large amount of Windows resources, greatly slowing down the computer.
4. Check for available hard drive space. If no viruses are found, check out free hard drive space on drive C:. Most of the time, you have to ensure a more than 20% of free space available to make the computer run smoothly; a low disk space can lead to random lockups.
5. Keep the registry error- free. Windows Registry is considered to be the kernel part of the system for it is mainly used for storing crucial system settings for the Windows operating system. Any registry errors or problems have the ability to bring about further complicated computer to your computer, especially a slow running computer. To totally speed up your computer, you may consider enabling a highly reliable registry cleaner to make a free scan for the registry and fully clean up the tons of registry errors and undesirable registry files safely and easily.
So, don’t rush to a computer repair store when suffered from a slow running computer! With the simple steps above, you can greatly speed up your computer at ease.
- Stop error 0x000000ED - Prevent & fix Stop error 0x000000ED now
- What is Faultrep.dll file and how to fix Faultrep.dll error?
- Error 8505, 129 - How to get rid of Error 8505, 129 in installing Norton?
- Dw20.exe error repair – Fix dw20.exe error instantly
- Socket Error 10057 - Helpful steps with Socket Error 10057
- IE problem - How to Repair Internet Explorer Script Error
- System Fan Failed - Steps to boot up computer correctly
- Cfsupd.dll error solve - Fix cfsupd.dll error now
- Missing mfc80u.dll error - Steps to fix mfc80u.dll error now