You can print and copy file properly but cannot scan? When trying to scan, this message pops up again and again “Scan options are not set; Install or run device software on computer”? Have ever tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software for many times but same message after rebooting the computer? The suggestions here may help you!
No matter which operating system you are running, directly restart your computer when getting the message saying “Scan options are not set; Install or run device software on computer” and then reset your printer. To do this, you can follow these steps:
*After restarting the computer, turn on your printer at the same time.
*With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
*Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
*Wait at least 15 seconds.
*Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
*Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
*Then, turn on the product to see whether your printer is working properly right now or not.
If a reset of the printer does not get rid of the “Scan options are not set” error message, set up the scan settings right now:
* Click Start, click All Programs, click the HP folder, and then click HP Solution Center.
* Click Settings, and then click Scan Settings.
* Select the option “Prompt for settings when scanning from the Control Panel”.
* Then, select the option “Show preview scan”, select the scan shortcut that you want to add, and then click Add
* After you make any changes, click “Update the device” to refresh the list of scan shortcuts available from the printer control panel.
* Then, set up destinations where scans are sent. You should select the destination that you want to add, and then click Add.
* After you make any changes, click Update the device to refresh the list of Scan to destinations available from the printer control panel.
* Now, try another scan process to see if this works.
If none of the above solutions works, you have to make sure the needed printer driver is updated to the latest version. The outdated drivers will seriously result in slow computer performance, blue screen errors, and a message saying “Scan options are not set; Install or run device software on computer” why trying to run a scan. So do remember to check and update all outdated drivers of the printer app. By the way, it is recommended that you can also update all available Windows service packs. This helps to ensure the proper running of the computer of all programs installed.
Lastly, you should check that your registry is clean without errors. We know that all applications installed on the computer will read required entries in the registry every time it starts, which is the same to the printer. When there are errors in the registry, your printer application will fail to recall the needed files so as to perform a scan process correctly. But you should be careful enough when editing registry entries of your printer as you can harm your system once a needed file is mis-deleted. So do remember to scan and fix your registry with a professional registry cleaning tool when trying to permanently get rid of error message “Scan options are not set; Install or run device software on computer”. It will get all jobs finished within clicks.
After these steps, you can scan, print and copy all your desired files without any message saying “Scan options are not set; Install or run device software on computer”. Wish all of your printer errors have been resolved and you can enjoy the machine all the time.
- Guide to Remove Adware/Strictor.45952.45
- Remove Backdoor/Caphaw.A.218 - The Safest Way to Perform Backdoor/Caphaw.A.218 Removal
- Guide to Remove Adware/Zhongsou.eu.3
- Effective Ways to Stop ads by browsing protection from Annoying You
- How to Remove Backdoor.Assasin.F Completely Off Your PC
- How to Remove Backdoor/DarkKomet.bmak Completely Off Your PC
- How to Stop adware.generic.542265 Easily - Removal Guide
- Effective Ways to Stop ADWARE/InstallCore.A.62 from Annoying You
- Effective Ways to Stop storage.googleapis.com from Annoying You