Do you know what causes pscfg.exe error is? Are you getting the error installing pscfg.exe on the screen from time to time? If this is the case for you, then you are in the right place here for the most comprehensive pscfg.exe error fix solutions.
What is pscfg.exe error?
We all know that exe files are extremely vital part of Windows operating system, which is needed to execute dll files and locates their libraries into windows system’s memory. If there is something wrong with these files on your computer then the whole PC probably cannot run stable and would be deathly slow.
Process pscfg.exe is located in the system directory: C:\windows\system32. If you find that this process executes and runs from any other suspicious locations, I advice you fully scan your computer with anti-virus program because such fishy phenomenon could be caused by virus or Trojan horse. Some of the viruses will disguise pscfg.exe running on your computer to attack the system and steal important data. We classify those viruses fraudulently using the name pscfg.exe to Miroot. Win32. Worm. Backdoor.Lastdoor. and Trojan.
How to fix pscfg.exe error?
If the pscfg.exe is destroyed by virus or the pscfg.exe is corrupt, removed by accident, I suggest you follow this instruction to fix pscfg.exe error.
2) To fix pscfg.exe error, first you have to make sure whether it correctly exists on your PC or not.
Firstly, if you can not find a copy of pscfg.exe in this folder C:\WINDOWS\system32 then please use system searching function to find out pscfg.exe file on your computer. It must be removed to another location by mistake. After that, copy pscfg.exe back to the correct folder C:\WINDOWS\system32.
Secondly, if you fail to locate a copy of pscfg.exe on your whole computer, I recommend you copy the file from another computer with the same version of Windows operating system to your problem computer. Of course, you can try to re-install the operating system and pscfg.exe errors would be resolved immediately. However, this method would waste your precious time and maybe delete all of the data if you never backup your files.
3) Run System Repair Tools to Fix pscfg.exe error
Do not doubt this method! Actually it is an effective and easy way to fix pscfg.exe with just a few of clicks if the scfg.exe is not mis-deleted. Pscfg.exe error could probably be caused by registry error on the system. System Repair Tools can fix not only pscfg.exe but also help you detect and remove most of windows system errors on your PC, for example, hposcv07.exe application error, mssdmn.exe error, photoshop.exe error.
1) Make sure that the computer is well protected against spyware. Any spyware is able to rename the programs on your computer. Once the spyware disguises as a normal program and run on the computer, it will seriously destroy system core files and steal your personal information, leaving your computer/ your files unprotected. So do remember to install and scan your computer regularly with a powerful anti-spyware program.
So, do you want to run an error-free computer all the time without continuous error installing pscfg.exe message? If so, I highly recommend you to download ensure a clean computer with a Best Registry Cleaner to clean up PC errors regularly. This helps to prevent and fix pscfg.exe-related error, then return you a completely faster computer within minutes!
- QtCore4.dll missing - Fix QtCore4.dll error on your own
- Error 1305 – What causes error 1305 and how to fix it effectively?
- How do I fix the sound on my computer? Fix PC sound problem at ease
- Missing werar.dll error - Solutions to repair werar.dll error by yourself
- Windows explorer issues - Repair Windows explorer errors quickly
- Error code 15 fix - Easiest ways to fix error code 15
- kdcom.dll error - Fix kdcom.dll error the most effective way
- iTunes error 14 - How can you fix iTunes error 14 yourself?
- Outlook Express error 550 - Fix error 550 in Outlook Express easily