Ntvdm.exe is process belonging to the Windows 16-bit Virtual Machine to provide an environment for a 16-bit process to execute on a 32-bit platform. And it is an important file for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be removed from the computer. But the same as game.exe system error and lmgrd.exe error, this file is also easy to be attacked and removed from your computer without your knowledge, causing the annoying ntvdm.exe error message when starting up the computer loading some certain programs.
1. To fix ntvdm.exe error, you can quickly modify the TEMP and TMP environment settings with the below steps:
*Check whether you can find the ntvdm.exe under this location:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp
*Double click My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables->Set TEMP and TMP
* Change the settings to C:\temp or the short filename version
2. If the above step does not solve the problem, you have to check the program/driver you installed recently. Sometimes, such programs will overwrite the ntvdm.exe file on the computer or do not work compatibly with other programs on the PC. You can try uninstalling the recently-installed program to see whether the problem has been solved or not.
3. Similarly with the above causes, if some files related to the program using the ntvdm.exe file have been missing/corrupted/broken, you will inevitably get the exe error messages. So, you can also uninstall and reinstall the program again to solve the error as this will replace all its files and settings with completely fresh new ones.
4. Fourthly, you should scan and remove all PC threats from the computer. It is very easy for viruses/spyware programs to attack and remove any legitimate system files from the computer. Besides, they are able to disguise themselves as the any file on the computer just like the ntvdm.exe file and does whatever it wants. When the system cannot recall the file smoothly on the system to perform the computer tasks, it will produce the ntvdm.exe error messages. By the way, to prevent future threats or errors to the computer, you’d better let your antivirus antispyware program running in the background to realtime block and remove any potential threats.
5. A corrupt registry database is often the major cause of the ntvdm.exe application on your computer as this will stop you from loading the computer, running the desired program correctly. Hence, what you still need to do now to prevent and solve the ntvdm.exe error is to troubleshoot and fix Windows registry error. You can easily do this by running a registry clean tool. With an error-free registry database, I believe you can always run enjoy a pleasant PC life without troubles.
No matter which method you take, you can quickly fix ntvdm.exe error on your computer quickly. But I just want to emphasize that to ensure a smooth computer running, it is better that you can always make your computer clean: virus-free and error-free.
- Speed up Slow Windows Vista – How to Get Your Slow PC Running faster
- Error in Rundll32 in Windows - Fix Windows Rundll32 errors effectively
- Overlord 2 Visual C ++ error - Fix Visual C ++ error and play games correctly
- Error 0x800ccc90 - How to fix error 0x800ccc90 quickly?
- Error code 0 – How do I fix error code 0 safely?
- How to stop error code 0x8007000D instantly? Fix error 0x8007000D now
- Steam_API.dll is missing - Simple ways to fix Steam_API.dll error instantly
- Blue screen STOP error - Methods to stop blue screen errors quickly
- Rights, Rights, and More Rights