I believe you have ever received an error message indicating “No Boot Device Available” at computer startups or switching user accounts. Sometimes even though you have restarted the computer, same “No bootable devices–strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility” or something similar happens. Simply speaking, this error message means that your computer can’t find your hard drive to finish your requests correctly. The hard drive is a place that all PC data (files, programs, photos, everything) is stored to ensure the smooth functioning of the computer. Since the computer cannot find your hard drive, it cannot boot the computer or perform other tasks properly as before.
Most of the time, the “No Boot Device Available” error message will happen when the CMOS Battery may not be functioning properly or has used up. So, the first thing you should do to deal with this problem is to write down the CMOS battery’s information including volt, size, etc and then replace the old battery with a new one and reenter the CMOS settings.
Sometimes, the error message can also be caused when the computer fails to read the hard drive for some needed files or launch its needed applications. So, it is appreciated that you can remove the useless files from your computer immediately and defragment your disk to put everything in order. If there is not enough available free space left in your computer, it will run slower that would cause further damage. To remove the useless files, programs is a very easy and effective solution to free up disk space.
Also, you can simply follow the steps below to get the computer back to a previous state. Thus, the computer will run correctly again without showing a “No Boot Device Available” error message:
*Start up the pc and sign on as an admin.
* Then click the Get started button then click Programs, Accessories, System, after which click on Restore.
* In the next screen, select “Restore my machine to an earlier date” then click Next.
* Choose the most up to date restore point within the “click a restoration date” list, then click on Next.
* Click ‘Next’ on the confirmation screen.
*Restart the system as soon as the restoration has finished.
If the above steps do not help, it must have something to do with the registry on your computer. The “registry” is a large database that used to store the important settings and options that your computer needs to run properly. Although the registry is a highly important, it is very easy to be corrupted as you uninstall programs or remove files from the computer. To ensure its proper function, both of the software and hardware add a large number of important settings inside the registry. If something goes wrong and cannot be loaded correctly, the “No Boot Device Available” error message will appear again and again. Hence, the fourth step you should do is to use a registry cleaner program to fix all problems that your system may have by running a computer registry repair tool. This helps to fix this computer error as well as improve computer performance easily within clicks.
Also, you can replace some hardware of your computer. This is the last thing that you might need to do to get rid of the “No Boot Device Available” error message. It’s also likely that the device is not compatible with your Windows’ version and then causes the error message to happen. You can simply check the Windows HCL to be sure.
To sum, a “No Boot Device Available” error message can happen mostly when there is something wrong with the computer and it is a sign to tell you something goes wrong. Don’t ignore it so as to maintain stable PC running all the time.
- My computer randomly locks up - Stop random PC freezing now
- Runtime error 216 at 0016d2b8 - Check & fix runtime error 216 instantly
- Error 0271 fix - Resolve error 0271 the most effective way
- Fix Windows explorer - Get software to repair Window explorer Now
- Windows update error 643 - Error 643 unable to install Windows update
- Computer won't work NTLDR error- resolve NTLDR error on your own
- Error 1075 repair - Fix error 1075 on your PC instantly
- Power, Evolution, And Personal Responsibility
- D3dx9_38.dll is missing - Tips to fix d3dx9_38.dll error perfectly