Are you facing missing of Windows .dll files very frequently? Do you want to get rid of the .dll error messages on system startup and run the computer smoothly all the time? Well, in my opinion, first you have to learn what a dll file is. Dynamic Link library (DLL) is basically a library in every Windows-based operating system that neither contains a code, resource or data, which are needed to ensure the proper running of the computer and some certain programs. Because of the frequent usage, it is very easy to be attacked or get corrupted. That is why you will get the dll not found or dll missing error messages just like cfsbho.dll error and cfsupd.dll error. But you should learn what causes and how to fix .dll errors immediately.
What causes missing of Windows .dll files?
A missing or corrupted .dll file can be caused by one of the below reasons:
* The system required .dll file was removed without your knowledge as you uninstall a useless program from the computer.
* Also, when installing a program to the computer, the .dll file might be overwritten by either an older version or a version that does not work compatibly with the one on your computer, causing the missing of Windows .dll files problem.
*A bad installation of a program may corrupt one or more files on your system, causing the .dll errors.
* Abad hard disk drive causes the data on the drive to become corrupt and then causes the .dll errors.
* Some users or programs maliciously or mistakenly deleted the .dll file from the computer.
Solutions to fix .dll errors immediately
From the first paragraph, we know that .dll files are importantly needed to ensure the proper running of the computer. Hence, when getting the missing of Windows .dll files error messages, perform the below solutions to fix them immediately.
1. Safe mode
When getting the .dll error message, to troubleshoot it, simply boot the computer into Safe Mode. Once successfully in Safe Mode, check whether the .dll error message appears or not. If the computer boot normally, can bypass the .dll errors and operate as usual, it is easy to determine that it must be a temporary issue. If you continue getting the .dll error message, perform the below steps.
2. Copy or download a .dll file
In some situations, the missing of Windows .dll files might be caused when the system required files are mis-deleted from the computer. S, you can easily download one from a trusted website or copy a .dll file from another computer onto your computer to resolve the issue. However, sometimes, some additional errors will appear as you replace the missing .dll file with a new one. We suggested that you can try some professional dll fix tool to do the job automatically. If you have done this but the problem still remains, try next step.
3. Fix hard disk errors
The corrupted data in the hard disk can also cause the .dll errors messages. So, you can directly use the Windows built-in SFC command to have windows scan and repair files; to run this command, perform these steps:
* Click Start and then select “Run”
* Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter to go.
* Wait for the scan and repair process.
Once you have completed the above steps, a window will appear and verify that all protected windows files are intact.
4. Fix program problems
*If you’re receiving the missing, corrupt, or other errors relating to .dll files only when running a specific program, it’s likely that the missing of Windows .dll files have something to do with that program. At this time, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the program to fix .dll errors on your PC.
* If you have recently uninstalled a program and then the .dll errors appear, it is easy to say that the program may have removed a .dll file that required for Windows or a Windows program to work properly. If the above solutions do not help to fix the problem, you may try reinstalling the program to get whatever file has been deleted back on the computer.
* If the .dll error messages appear upon you install a program, I highly suggest you first check whether there are some updates available for the program. In many cases, a simple program update might solve the .dll errors immediately. If no update available for the program, it is best that you can uninstall the program from the computer to get rid of .dll error messages and install other alternative ones if you really need such kind of programs.
5. Check and remove virus, spyware, or other malware
It is very easy for a virus, spyware, or other malware program to cause .dll errors as they are able to attack any files on the computer. For this concern, we highly suggest that you can run a full virus and spyware scan on your computer to remove all existing threats. Besides, it is best that you can let your antivirus program running always running in the background to realtime protect your PC.
6. Fix Windows existing errors
We know that to ensure the proper running of the computer and all programs installed, the system has to rely on a database called Windows registry. It is a place that used to store all important files and settings. Only when it is clean and compact can the computer run properly without errors. But it is inevitable for this database to get corrupt and broken as we uninstall programs/remove files from the computer. A minor mistake in the Windows registry will cause the .dll error and other computer errors. Hence, to fix .dll error, do remember to fix Windows registry either manually or automatically with a registry repair tool.
Above are the common solutions that you should do when getting the missing of Windows .dll files. Do feel free to give them a try when trying to fix .dll errors on your computer!
- Remove mediaforce ads Safely and Effectively
- Effective Ways to Stop Win32/AdWare.Toolbar.Webalta.CY from Annoying You
- Runtime error 713 fix - Repair runtime error 713 now
- How to Stop adware.win32.easypoint.axg Easily - Removal Guide
- How to Stop Adware/iBryte.A.18541 Easily - Removal Guide
- How to Fix steam.exe Error Effectively?
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware/SMSHoax.108.1079 from Annoying You
- Effective Ways to Stop ADWARE/AgentCV.A.1126 from Annoying You