Lots of users complain that no matter whenever they shut down the computer, they always get a McSvHost.exe application error with such error message: “instruction at “0x6280436a” ref memory at 0x07ff8cf4; the memory could not be written; Click ok to terminate the program”. Besides, McSvHost.exe can also lead to high CPU usage up to 50-100%. So how to fix McSvHost.exe application error and ensure a faster computer shutdown speed has been a main concern of lots of computer users. In the article here, some solutions on how to fix this computer error will be discussed.
First of all, please note that McSvHost.exe is always used by McAfee Security Suite to monitor all activities through the LAN and Internet connections. So if you have McAfee installed on the computer, then the problem must be caused by this issue. To solve it, you should open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\HackerWatch\data to clear up all the content. If you are denied to access these files, simply perform the below steps:
* Right-click McAfee icon in Taskbar/ Change Settings/ View All Settings/ Access Protection => Uncheck the “Use Access Protection” checkbox.
* Click “Apply” button.
* Remove the content of the folder above. Check
* Activate “Use Access Protection” if needed.
* Restart the computer and try again to see whether the problem has been solved or not.
If the problem still remains, you can uninstall the McAfee program and then send log files to their customer support team for help. But do remember to install other alternative antivirus antispyware programs to secure your computer security when the McAfee product was uninstalled from your computer. Otherwise, more and more serious problem just like error 11 will happen on the neck of another.
And it is best that you can run a thorough registry scan after the installation task to locate and remove all the McAfee leftover registry entries from the computer. Registry is considered as the brain part of the Windows-based operating system to contain all the configured settings and options to always make sure the proper running of the computer. Such leftover ones will greatly mess up the database to severely slow down computer speed and cause different kind of computer errors just like the McSvHost.exe application error when the system fail to read the needed files to monitor the activities through the LAN and Internet connections. So in my opinion, before uninstalling to leave your system bare to different kinds of PC threats, you can give a registry cleaner product a try to see whether it solve this exe problem. Sometimes, it will work!
- Windows 7 I/O error - Causes and solutions to unexpected I/O error on Windows 7
- Blue screen error code 0x7b repair - Easy fix blue screen error now
- Useful Tips on Fixing csrss.exe Error Effectively
- Slow Computer - Here's the Best Way to Speed Your Slow Computer Up
- Why do you keep getting “A Connection Failure Has Occurred” error message?
- Blue screen error code 8e - How to fix it?
- HP printer service error - Fix printer service error quickly
- How can I stop my computer from getting script errors?
- How to Fix Svchost.exe by Updating the Windows System