Looking for ways to solve Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8) problems? In my opinion, although Internet Explorer 8 is designed to be easier to use and more user-friendly than IE 7, it still contains a lot of loopholes and flows. Sometimes, you could have problem when running the IE, or it runs slowly & even freeze up and stop responding when you are browsing a website. So what really causes these IE 8 problems and how to fix it to always enjoy a pleasant website surfing? Well, here you will get some tips to effectively prevent and fix some common problems with IE 8.
1. Restart the Internet Explorer 8
First, if the IE 8 problem appears without any reason, it is highly recommended that you should manually end the Internet Explorer 8 process with Task Manager that can help you terminate buggy problems if you cannot close the program through the program itself. But you should be cautious when you are working in Task Manager as programs that are required for your Windows operating system are listed there. After ending the process, restart your IE 8 again to see whether the Internet Explorer 8 problems have been solved or not.
2. Reset Internet Explorer configuration Settings
If the three solutions above do not help, then you can reset the Internet Explorer configuration settings trying to solve the problem. But please note that this will disable all browser add-ons and you have to re-enable your needed add-ons after the reset job. To do this task, perform steps below:
* Run your Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
* Click Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
*When you are in the Internet Explorer Default Settings dialog box, click Reset.
* When the settings have been reset, click Close, and then click OK to restart Internet Explorer and the problem must be solved.
3. Check and fix add-on problems
If the Internet Explorer 8 is still not working, please check up the add-ons and plug-ins on it. Sometimes unreliable add-ons and plug-ins are causing problems though they are handy.You can disable & remove unnecessary add-ons or uninstall the recently-installed on to avoid or solve Internet Explorer problems.
4. Delete your browsing history
If the Internet Explorer error remains after resetting the modem or router, deleting your browsing history might help to solve it. You can easily delete the browsing history by going to Tools on your Internet Explorer and then Internet Options; click Delete under Browsing history to safely delete all these files.
5. Fix Windows registry
Internet Explorer 8 problems will happen when there are bad and corrupted entries existing in your Registry Database. In order to ensure the proper running of the Internet Explorer, it is important that you can check and correct registry problems regularly to make them always clean and compact. To do this, you can manually perform the below steps:
*Go to Start, Run and type “Regedit”, press “Enter” to open Registry Editor.
* Look for these two registry hives where IE stores its configurations, viz:
i. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
ii. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
3) Navigate the two registry hives mentioned above, check and correct the incorrect entries.
However, if you are not experienced enough to fix the Windows registry manually by yourself, do not perform the above steps. At this time, it is highly recommended that you should run registry repair software, which is specially designed to scan and fix all broken/invalid entries or remove useless ones from the computer immediately. With a clean environment, the Internet Explorer 8 will run smoothly without numerous problems or other computer errors.
To sum, a quickest way to fix Internet Explorer 8 problems is to directly download and run a computer repair tool to help you. You can directly click here to get the best tool – RegCure Pro to easily manage all BHO, restore IE original state and fix all registry errors within clicks.
- Windows error code 43 - How to fix code 43 error?
- How to Remove Backdoor/Hupigon.288586 Completely Off Your PC
- How To Fix dvdshrink32setup.exe Not Found or Missing Errors
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware Spigo from Annoying You
- Guide to Remove priceless pop-up ads
- Windows boot failure error - Tips to solve Windows boot failure error easily
- Internet explorer errors - How to fix common Internet explorer errors free?
- Useful Tips on Fixing wltrysvc.exe Error Effectively
- Effective Ways to Stop adwareamonetize.get from Annoying You