Get an “InstallShield error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation” message when you are trying to uninstall some programs you don’t want? Want o install some programs but keep on getting the code 1628 error message even though you have exactly followed the wizard to go? After talking about how to fix InstallShield Error 0X80040706, let’s learn together how to fix this code 1628 error message.
To fix the Windows installer “1628: Failed to Complete Installation”, first you have to make sure that this service is not disable on your PC. You can check this by following the below steps:
* Click Start and type service.msc in the Search box; press Enter to continue.
* When the Services window opens, right-click on ‘Windows Installer’ service, then click ‘Start’. The service needs to set to “Start” so as to install applications on your PC without any errors.
* Now try to install or uninstall the program again. If the error persists, try the next fix.
Thirdly, if something wrong with the Windows installer engine but you keep on getting an “InstallShield error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation” message, you may fail to do the install/uninstall job correctly. If you are not able to fix the error with the second solution, directly reregister the installer engine also helps to fix the Windows installer problem.
*Click Start > Accessories > Command Prompt.
*First type MSIExec / unregister into the command prompt, then press Enter and type MSIExec / regserver
*After the re-registration job, try to install or reinstall your program again.
By the way, you should repair the system with System File Checker (SFC) – a useful command-line system tools that come on all current versions of Windows to scan system files and replace incorrect or damaged files, prevent some system file errors as well as a InstallShield error 1628. Here, I take Windows XP as an example to tell you how to use the System File Checker:
*Go to Start, and then Run.
*Type and enter “sfc /scannow” (without quotes but with the space) and follow the instructions to go.
* Then you files will be scanned and repaired quickly is necessary. Depending on your own system, it may take 10-15 minutes to do this job.
Lastly, run a registry cleaner. When uninstalling programs from computer, it is hoped to remove not only the files, but also the related registry from the computer. However, normally there is still some unneeded information remaining in the registry. And the computer is not wise enough to know what is needed, so it will spend a lot of time reading information that means no sense, which result in slow running computer or seriously, random computer freezing-ups as well as a “InstallShield error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation” message in installing/uninstalling a program. So a registry cleaner is needed for you to always enjoy faster computer.
I think, right now you will be able to get rid of the “InstallShield error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation” message and install/uninstall your programs correctly. If you still fail, post me a comment and I will try what I can to help you.
- Effective Ways to Stop wix ads from Annoying You
- How to Remove Backdoor/Radil.A.514 Completely Off Your PC
- How to Remove Win32/Injector.ASMO Completely Off Your PC
- How to Stop selectiontoolkit ads Easily - Removal Guide
- Remove quick-computer-repairs.be pop up ads Safely and Effectively
- How to Remove Worm/Vobfus.UR.30 Completely Off Your PC
- Guide to Remove Adware/Solimba.1.178
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware/WebCake.A.271 from Annoying You
- How to Remove Worm/Citeary.D.1717 Completely Off Your PC