HP printer is not responding? In think you are not alone in the work to get such printer not responding error messages as it is a common problem that many people have dealt with. Sometimes, even though you have followed some guides to troubleshoot and fix it, you might not be able to solve the problem successfully. However, in this article I will tell you the real causes of the “Printer Not Working” problem and how to resolve it quickly without costing you a penny.
Most of the time, it seems like the HP Print not responding issue can be caused when the Printer has been disabled. It is dependent on other services which are not running and that are why you are facing this kind of issue. At this time, you should immediately perform the following few steps to make sure that it has been enabled correctly.
* Right-click “My Computer” on the desktop, and then click Manage. In the dialog box that appears, expand the “Services and Applications” node.
* Then go to Services and right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option.
* Go to the Dependencies tab.
* Here in the first box you will be able to see the list of all of the system services that are needed to start the Print Spooler service and for its smooth running. These are called dependencies
* Here, you have to check and make sure that you have enabled all the services in which the Print Spooler is dependent on.
* Now, right-click the services and go to Properties and then change the Startup type to Automatic for each of the services on which Print Spooler is dependent.
* Quit the Services and try your printer again. At the time, the “printer not responding” problem can be solved immediately after a system reboot.
Secondly, you should update device drivers to the latest version. The outdate drivers will stop the HP printer from loading or running properly. Hence, the last tips that I want to say here is that you can update all device drivers to the latest ones and install all available Windows service packs. These also help to fix kinds of computer errors.
Sometimes, the HP printer won’t response when there are some corrupted files in the registry. The more these invalid registry entries in the registry, the more dangerous the computer will be. They will not only slow down your computer, mess up your Windows registry, but also stop you from successfully installing system updates or some certain programs on the computer. So if you keep on getting the HP printer not responding error messages, do remember to run best registry repair software to ensure that your registry is always clean and compact.
If the above solutions do not help to fix the printer problem, try uninstalling all printer software from the computer and start from scratch. This may include PDF writer or faxing software as well. Anything listed in the Control Panel under Printers & Faxes you would do away with. If there is any software installed for other printers in Add/Remove Programs you would uninstall it all.
To fix the HP printer not responding error causing by Windows registry errors, you can click here to use the best registry repair tool to help you. To my own experience, this is the easiest way to fix the printer problem. Good luck!
- How to Fix mfc71.dll Error Messages - Check Out and Solve Common Problems
- Missing Toshdpapi.dll Error - How to Fix Missing Toshdpapi.dll Error Instantly
- Blue error screen keeps appearing - Troubleshoot and fix BSOD error effectively
- Why can't I watch videos on my computer?
- Unable to load library SteamUI.dll error and how to fix it?
- kdcom.dll error - Fix kdcom.dll error the most effective way
- How to improve my computer speed? Easy tips to get faster computer speed
- How to get rid of "Reboot and Select proper boot device…" error?
- SSL error 126 - Fix error 126 the simplest way