Have you found the computer recently display a “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error message on a black screen on system startup? When the error message happens, the computer may or may not start up correctly as usual. Some was told that the hard drive needs to be replaced so as to get the computer boot up correctly as usual. But are there any other ways to solve “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error effectively?
Just as what the error message indicates, the “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error message usually happen when something goes wrong with your hard disk drive. The first thing you should do is to press f2 then go to Standard CMOS Features on when the system starts, then highlight drive A. change it to none. Do remember that you should not have anything in there unless you have floppy drive……If this does not solve the problem, just following the below steps carefully:
*Restart your computer and hit F2 key to go into SETUP.
*Arrow down to DRIVES and hit Enter.
*Arrow down one space to “DISKETTE DRIVE” and hit Enter
*Highlight “OFF” and then click Enter
* Press Esc to Exit
* Highlight EXIT and click Enter
If you still fail to get into the system because of the “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error message, maybe you can try starting up the computer by using Last Known Good Configuration feature. It is a feature that included in almost all Windows-based operating systems that enables a user to load the last working version of Microsoft Windows. To use it, just start your computer, press the F8 key when you see the “Please select the operating system to start” message, then use the ARROW key to select Last Known Good Configuration within the Windows Advanced Options menu. By the way, running this feature will restore your last good system settings and will not delete anything, so do feel free to run it. And this also helps to fix some other errors just like error code 0X0000005d at system startup.
With the above solutions, you will be able to access your system correctly without a “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error message anymore. However, to prevent it from appearing again in the future, it is highly recommended that you can well maintain your hard disk drive. To do this, you’d better keep on doing these aspects in your daily life:
* Regularly check and fix hard disk errors & bad sectors
* Run SFC at least once a month to detect and repair missing/corrupted/broken system files
* Uninstall the undesired programs, application or remove the useless folders from your hard disk
* Defragment the disk on a regular basic
But to permanently get rid of “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error message, you should not miss to fix Windows registry errors. Registry is the most vital component of Windows-based operating system which is used to record all data and information of the software & hardware on the computer. The more data is stored, the larger it will be, thus the more chance for you to get some unexpected errors. If not fixed, registry errors will finally break down Windows system rather than a “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error message at system startup. In other words, fixing registry errors is quite needed to ensure the smooth running of the computer.
In a word, a “Diskette drive 0 seek failure” error message at startup is quite common and sometimes inevitable. But with the above solutions, there is no need to worry about this problem anymore.
- Runtime error 3706 troubleshoot - fix runtime error 3706 easily by yourself
- Useful Tips on Fixing systempropertiesremote.exe Error Effectively
- Filesystem.dll not found - Tips to fix Filesystem.dll error immediately
- Teatimer.exe error fix - Solve teatimer.exe error instantly
- Useful Tips on Fixing coi.exe Error Effectively
- Computer keeps crashing - Steps to fix computer crashing problem immediately
- Remove AV.exe Virus - Take an AV.exe Removal
- Print spooler error fix - How to get rid of a printer spooler error message?
- Libusb0.dll error repair - Fix libusb0.dll as quickly as you can