The error code 0x8007000d error often appears when you try and install some Windows pack on the computer, for example, Vista SP1 (Service Pack 1), and make the installation come to a failure. In many cases, the error will generally appear in this format: “An internal error occurred while installing the service pack”, and can be caused by the way in which some current install packs often conflict with the one you are trying to install, stopping you from upgrading your system correctly.
To stop error code 0x8007000d from happening, first you have to make sure that you are connected to the Internet correctly. Only in this way, can you get access to the Windows Update servers and download the update versions completely.
Then, bear in mind that the 0x8007000d error is normally caused due to unsuccessful installation of Windows updates. So, it is recommended that you can download the updates when you are not busy on the web to ensure a complete download. Sometimes, it can also occur when there is problem in Windows firewall or other 3rd-party antivirus program as they can prevent the installation of different Window update into the system or disable service that required to install the updates. If this is the case, you can first temporarily disable your antivirus program and simply perform the steps below to restart the service:
* Go to “Administrator Tools” (Control Panel > Administrator tools”
* And then select “Services” and Run As Administrator.
* Go to the Windows Update service, and select properties.
* Set startup type to automatic and press OK, then restart the service.
* Go to the Windows Modules Installer service, and select properties.
* Enable the service, set the Startup to automatic, and start the service.
* Close the Services window and run Windows Update again.
Thirdly, make sure that your computer is totally clean. Please note that a clean system is what you have to do for a smooth computer life, which always ensure two aspects: virus-free and error-free. Viruses or spyware programs are able to attack and remove any files from the computer, leading to the happen of the error code 0x8007000d message when the system cannot recall the file correctly. So, do remember to let your antivirus program always running in the background to block and remove PC threats at any time.
Lastly, you should check & fix computer registry errors. We know that Windows registry will develop inconsistencies during the lifetime of the computer. These inconsistencies might be caused by various hardware failures or by software issues. In most cases, these inconsistencies can severely affect the Windows Servicing Store, and cause a Windows update error code 0x8007000d and block the user from installing updates & service packs success. And this time, you should either run a registry cleaner to thoroughly scan & fix all registry errors or run the Windows Vista Check for System Update Readiness (CheckSUR) tool to fix this problem.
In a word, you can stop & fix error code 0x8007000d easily by performing the steps above. However, to always ensure the proper running of the computer without some Windows error messages, it is highly recommended that you can keep on taking the steps above regularly.
- Remove ADWARE/Lollipop.A.4092 - The Safest Way to Perform ADWARE/Lollipop.A.4092 Removal
- A Guide to Fix vvx3000.exe Error
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware.Lookinglink from Annoying You
- Guide to Remove pop-up ads by funforme
- Error 1079 Windows - Fix Windows 1079 Error
- Guide to Remove Adware/PricePeep.C.5
- Gdi32.dll missing - fix Gdi32.dll error quickly
- How to Remove Adware/SMSHoax.6.1281 Completely Off Your PC
- How to Remove Worm/Ngrbot.acqy Completely Off Your PC