When trying to install some updates, the PC users will come across this update error message: Code 800703FA Windows Update encountered an unknown error. And we all know that a regular Windows update job is needed to ensure the smooth running of the computer and enhance PC performance against some dangerous threats. Try the steps here and you will be able to prevent & fix Windows Update Error 800703FA effectively.
When the error code 800703FA or error code ox800706d3 happens, it means some important system files are missing or damaged and Windows cannot recover from the system malfunctions. If you are not lucky and meets with these serious problems, you will have to reinstall your Windows to get rid of them. To get rid of the above error message and to access the data, you need to:
* Insert Windows installation CD to boot your system.
* After the system boots, press ‘r’ to use the ‘Recovery Console’.
* Press ‘Enter’ to select different keyboard layout.
*Select ‘Windows installation’ if you want to log in. In case, there is only one installation, then the value will be ’1′.
*Enter the ‘Administrative’ password, if asked during the installation.
* Change the folder using:
* Execute the command:
* If the above command is successful, you might be able to view a spuninst.tag file using ‘DIR’ copmmand.
* Reboot your system.
Sometimes, the Windows Update Error 800703FA might be caused by spyware and viruses infection because they are able to attack and remove any system core files from the computer. Once any file that related to the Windows installer has been removed from the computer, you will come to the chance to get the Windows Update Error 800703FA. Download & run a powerful antivirus/antispyware product to remove such threats now.
Then, you need to pay several minutes to fix Windows registry errors. We know that Windows registry will develop inconsistencies during the lifetime of the computer. These inconsistencies might be caused by various hardware failures or by software issues. In most cases, these inconsistencies can severely affect the Windows Servicing Store, and cause a Windows Vista update to fail and block the user from installing updates & service packs success. And this time, you should either run a registry cleaner to thoroughly scan & fix all registry errors or run the Windows Vista Check for System Update Readiness (CheckSUR) tool to fix this Windows Update Error 800703FA.
By the way, if the above solutions do not fix the 800703FA Windows Update Error, you can do a restore job to deal with the issue. Here are some solutions that you could do to restore your computer to a previous state:
* Remove or uninstall the newly installed device.
* Roll back your driver to a version prior to your update.
* Use System Restore to restore your computer to a state before the code 31 error appeared.
So, still looking for ways to resolve the Windows Update Error 800703FA? Want to install your desired updates successfully? Follow the steps here now and you will be able to get rid of the update error message immediately.
- Sqmapi.dll missing - How to fix sqmapi.dll error quickly?
- How to fix EAccess Violation error at startup?
- Causes and solutions to error code 0X00000426
- Slow computer startup - Tips to make computer faster
- Slow Internet speed problems - Tips to get faster Internet connection speed
- System 32 error fix - Solve system 32 error the quickest ways
- Error 1706 fix – How to get rid of error 1706 instantly?
- Windows System Maintenance - 4 Tips to Maintain Your Computer Skillfully
- How to fix Solidworks 2011 installation problem?