Have you ever found the computer’s screen all of a sudden turned to black with a message saying: “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot Media in selected boot device ” even though it was running fine the last night? Some computer users complain that they have never seen this error before so get scared. They have tried what they thought of to sort this out but nothing would work. What is up and how can you get rid of this annoying “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error from your computer right now?
When getting the “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error message, you can directly turn off the computer. Once you shut off the computer, open the side panel and make sure that your IDE/ATA/SATA cable is firmly & correctly connected to your hard drive and motherboard without problems. Then, check the little pins on your hard drive to the left of the IDE cable to ensure that the pin selector is either set to Master IDE or Cable Select. If there is nothing wrong with these sections, you still have to make sure no dust is building up inside. Sometimes, a dusty computer is the main cause for the “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error message.
If you have perform all the above checking processes but still get the error message, there might be something wrong without BIOS. At this time, you can instantly update your BIOS to the latest one and check whether the problem was fixed or not. If not, maybe you can contact the computer manufacturer in order to change the boot priority in BIOS if you do not have enough computer knowledge. The BIOS interface is mostly designed for advanced users, and it’s possible for you to change a setting within BIOS that could prevent your computer from starting correctly and generating the “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error message again and again.
If your computer still refuses to run smoothly, it means something goes wrong with your hard disk. The third thing you should do when trying to get rid of the computer error message is to check and fix all errors existing on the hard disk. To do this, you can follow the steps here:
* Double click My Computer to open it.
* Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check to select Properties.
* Go to Tools, Error-checking and then Check Now. Here, you are provided several options to solve computer “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error by making sure your hard disk has no error. By the way, this sometimes helps to fix some other PC errors such as driver writer error.
- To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select “Automatically fix file system errors”. If not, it will only check for errors without fixing them.
- To perform a thorough disk check, select “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”. This scans and repairs physical errors such as the bad sectors within the hard disk drive.
- To check for both, you should select both “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”.
* Click Start and you can follow the on-screen steps to finish the disk checking process.
After all the above steps, it is highly recommended that you can fix Windows registry errors so as to permanently get rid of “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error message. The registry within the computer is responsible for storing all the important data of the hardware, software and everything that you installed on the PC. No matter when you install and uninstall any software or hardware to the PC, the corresponding entries will be added & stored in your registry. Because of this, it will become full of useless/invalid/broken entries as time goes. If the system cannot quickly or properly access the required entries, the computer will perform sluggishly or even act incorrectly. And the annoying “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error message will be one obvious symptom. To make the computer always run correctly without problems, you’d better regularly check and fix all errors inside the registry. You can do this by simply downloading a registry cleaner from the Internet and run it at least once a week; this helps to keep your computer running at peak performance all the time.
To get rid of “Reboot and select proper boot device…” error message instantly, download the most advanced PC tweaker here. It will completely scan the whole PC and remove all errors causing such computer error within minutes.
- Guide to Remove Giant Savings Adware
- How to Remove Win32.Winur.C Completely Off Your PC
- Effective Ways to Stop ads by cineplus-1.2v02.11 from Annoying You
- How to fix Windows 7 update error 80070005?
- Effective Ways to Stop videosmediaplayerv2.2 ads from Annoying You
- Remove Win32/Spatet.T - The Safest Way to Perform Win32/Spatet.T Removal
- Effective Ways to Stop BlissSearch Ads from Annoying You
- Guide to Remove win32/adware.bho.bquflmy
- How to Remove win32:bullsave-c Completely Off Your PC