Many HP users complain that their computer will not boot; or even though they are able to see the Welcome screen, it just hangs, can’t move the mouse or do anything. Annoyingly, when running a HP diagnostic process after a system reboot, they keep on getting an error message telling error code: BIOHD-8… Actually, this is a common issue with HP Pavilions, but it is really a problem that troubles lots of HP computer users. What is up and how can you get rid of error code IOHD-8 easily?
The error code IOHD-8 for HP computer usually indicates some unknown errors within the computer. So, the first thing you should do when getting it is trying to boot into the system and then solve all errors that causing the problem to happen. You can directly start the computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature if the error code appears again and again after several tries. To do this, simply follow these steps:
*Start your computer and continuously press the F8 key.
*When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter. This will get your computer back to your most recent settings that worked.
However, if the Last Known Good Configuration feature does not work, directly perform a system restore. A small but effective method to get back your computer to a previous status:
*Restart the computer and long on as an administrator.
*Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
* When you are on the “Welcome to System Restore” page, select the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option, and then click Next.
* On the “Select a Restore Point” page, click the most recent system restore point, and then click Next.
* Then, you can follow the on-screen steps to finish the system restoration process.
Once you have followed the two above solutions, I believe you will be able to access the system properly. To permanently get rid of the error code IOHD-8 from HP computer, you still have to check and remove all errors existing in the hard disk. In many cases, a problem within the hard disk can bring in this annoying computer error. I have mentioned in many posts such as “How to fix error 426 while reinstalling Windows XP?” to show you how to check and fix all errors & bad sectors on the hard drive. You can directly visit it for more instructions on how to do.
Most of the time, a corrupt registry database will also bring in the error code IOHD-8. Windows registry is part of the computer system to hold all settings and configurations of the computer, either the hardware or software. However, inappropriate installation and un-installations of the software or virus infection can commonly destroy this database. Because of this, errors in registry have been the main cause for many computer errors such as slow computer performance, frequent system crashes, or even unexpected data loss… If the system cannot recall the required entries to boot up your HP computer properly, you will soon get an error code IOHD-8 or some other startup error messages. To completely get rid of the error and ensure a smooth computer life, it is highly advised that you can download and run a registry cleaning tool regularly to troubleshoot and repair all registry errors. When all such errors are fixed, you can use the computer correctly all the time.
If your HP computer does not start up correctly with an error code IOHD-8 message again and again, follow the above steps right now. Those simple but effective solutions will troubleshoot and deal with this computer startup error easily.
- Exe error repair - Troubleshoot & fix exe error effectively
- Useful Tips on Fixing bts.exe Error Effectively
- Error code -61 - Simple solutions to fix error code -61
- How to fix CLR error 80004005 on your computer?
- How To Fix adobe photoshop cs5 extended edition.exe Not Found or Missing Errors
- IE 8 problems - How to fix Internet Explorer errors immediately?
- Why “The system cannot find the file specified” message appears and how to fix it?
- Way to Fix backweb-7288971.exe Error Quickly
- How to Fix vfdwin.exe Error Effectively?