We know that the temporary files on the computer will greatly slow down computer speed by wasting up necessary system resources. So, regularly cleaning out the Temp folder from the computer is often a necessary computer maintenance step or a quick & easy way to save disk space and make computer run faster. However, when encountering a slow computer, lots of computer users do not realize that that have to delete temporary files; or some even do not know how to go. Now, I will show you how to easily delete the temporary files from the computer.
Here, I take how to delete temporary files from Windows XP as an example to show you how to remove those files manually.
1. Click on Start and then Run, type %Temp% and click OK to continue. Then a folder full of files and other folders will appear. Please note that all of the folders and files you see in this Temp folder are no longer being used by Windows XP and can safely be deleted.
2. To remove those folders or files from the computer, hold down the Ctrl key while left-clicking on each item you want delete. Release the Ctrl key when you’re finished. To delete these items, hit your Delete key or choose File and then Delete from the menu.
3. Confirm when you are prompted whether you are going to delete the files by clicking Yes on the appearing Confirm Multiple File Delete window.
4. If you would like to remove everything inside the Temp folder at once, choose Edit and then Select All from the menu.
By the way, if you’re prompted that there are hidden files in this folder, just click on OK to bypass the message. A few hidden files hanging out in the Temp folder probably aren’t important enough to worry about.
5. When all of the files and folders are selected, hit your Delete key or choose File and then select Delete to begin the file deletion.
6. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete those files.
7. Then close the window and empty your Recycle Bin to permanently remove the files from your PC.
I believe you will be surprised to see that you computer is running much faster after deleting the temporary files. But in my opinion, it is highly recommended that you can first make a system backup point before making any changes. Hence, you can quickly get back your computer when something goes wrong.
But if you are really not one that has enough computer knowledge to process the above steps, do not do it by yourself, otherwise it will result in lots of serious computer problems. At this time, it is best that you can download and run a system repair utility that contains the feature to automatically scan and remove all unneeded temporary files safe from the computer. This helps not only free up more available disk space, but also safely ensure stable computer performance.
RegCure Pro is such a product that is able to scan and clean up the junk files, temporary files or duplicate files from your system quickly, providing you more space on your hard drives and making applications to run faster and more efficiently. So why don’t you give it a try??
- How to Stop adware sidecubes Easily - Removal Guide
- How to Remove Adware/Hengbang.w Completely Off Your PC
- Effective Ways to Stop edeca.net from Annoying You
- How To Fix dww.exe Not Found or Missing Errors
- How To Fix apache.exe Not Found or Missing Errors
- How to Remove PUP.Optional.Softomate.A Completely Off Your PC
- Remove Ads by veberGreat Safely and Effectively
- How to Remove Backdoor/Agent.A.1256 Completely Off Your PC
- Remove win32_cridex.aa - The Safest Way to Perform win32_cridex.aa Removal