Every time upon opening a program, some users will repeatedly get a bad image error for that program and failed to launch it correctly. Typically, the error messages look like:
“The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\iTunesMobileDevice.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.”
The programs and DLL files specified are usually different each time but are (or appear) to be valid Windows or program Dlls, and stop them from using the program correctly as usual. If you are wondering “how do I get rid of Bad Image error”, then I think you will get the exact solutions here.
As what you can learn from the error message, the Bad Image error message will happen when the computer cannot locate the correct Dll file on the computer. This can happen when the file was mis-deleted from the computer or corrupted. To fix the problem, the first thing you should do is to get it work again on your computer. Normally, there are four methods for you to restore a missing Dll file to the computer:
1) Directly download a specific dll file from the Internet and place it on your computer. Do remember to first make sure that it is virus-free.
2) Copy an exactly same file from other computer with the same operating system.
3) Reinstall the program that using the dll file. Most of the time, the dll file will come onto the computer as you installed the program on the PC. A reinstall job can most of the time get rid of Bad Image errors.
4) Sometimes, you can use the System File Checker (SFC) to examine and repair corrupt ed operating system files. Some dll files will go missing due to some unexpected errors. To run the SFC, directly go to Start, then to Run, and type in “SFC.EXE /SCANNOW” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Then, you have to make sure that the computer is totally virus-clean. A virus can potentially ruin or delete data, collect and steal your personal information, spread to other computers through e-mail programs or even delete whatever information from the computer. No matter what your computer is used for, it is easy for the PC to get infected via instant messages or email messages, greeting cards, funny images or video and audio files, etc. If the dll file was mis-removed by some viruses, you will immediately come to get a Bad Image error message. To keep a computer safe from viruses, it is important to always have a computer current with the newest antivirus tools and regularly detect & remove any threat from the computer.
Lastly, to get rid of Bad Image error you should not forget to check and repair Windows registry errors. We know that Windows is made up of registry files and they are used to store all setting & information of every software & hardware. In this way, every computer request can be performed correctly without errors. However, computer registry errors come on slowly. This occurs mainly because of something that changes in your personal computer, for example deleting a file or not removing a program completely can corrupt the PC registry. A corrupted registry means an unstable computer system and various PC error messages. If some information of the Dll files within the registry database has been corrupted, there is no doubt you will get the Bad Image error message in trying to launch some programs. However, a fix on the registry will deal with such PC error immediately.
After taking the solutions here, you can troubleshoot and get rid of Windows Bad Image error permanently. It is best that you can keep on doing these steps and form a good habit in using the computer to prevent some undesired problems.
- STOP error 0x00000016 - Best ways to prevent blue screen errors
- Runtime error 1004 fix - Helpful runtime error 1004 fix tutorial
- Get rid of “cannot find script file” error message instantly
- How To Fix wkufind.exe Not Found or Missing Errors
- Error code 39 - Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware
- Invalid signature detected - Causes and solutions
- Internet Explorer Runtime Error - How to Fix Runtime Errors in Internet Explorer?
- Run.dll error - How to Fix Missing Run.dll error problem in Windows 7
- Device Manager error 45 - Causes and solutions