Lots of PC users do not know that it is necessary to do some hard disk maintenance tasks when using the computer, which eventually shortens its lifespan and greatly slow down computer speed. Here, some tips will be discussed to show you how to increase computer speed easily by doing some easy hard disk maintenance in your daily computer life.
1. To maintain your hard disk, first you should not suddenly turn off power when the hard disk is still working. When the hard drive is reading / writing, it always keeps on high-speed rotation (normally 7200r/m or 5400r/m). If the power is suddenly turned off, it will strengthen the friction between the disk and the read–and-white head to greatly destroy the disk.
2. Then, to increase computer speed and maintain disk performance, do remember to keep shock-resistant as a strong shock will result in the sever friction of the disk and the read–and-write head. This will cause kinds of computer problem such as shorten lifespan of the hard disk and unexpected BSOD problems, or computer crashes.
3. Thirdly, you should make sure that the disk is always tidy without useless files. To do this, you need to regularly delete some useless system junk files, TEMP files and clear the Recycle Bin by using the Windows built-in Disk Cleanup utility. In addition, you should regularly use the Disk Defragmenter to replace everything on the disk. We know that disk fragment may be one main cause for a slower computer as it consumes longer time for the system to read through and reassemble all associated parts of a same content, slowing down computer speed. So to increase computer speed, you’d better perform such easy tips before paying for the technicians.
4. Fourthly, you need to well protect your computer against viruses. In many cases, hard disk has been the main object of computer virus. Once the disk has been attacked, lots of your files and other important data will be lost. So, you have to make sure that you computer is always protect with a powerful anti-virus programs. By the way, it is highly suggested that you can do some backups of the important data on the hard disk for future usage.
5. Last but not least, to increase computer speed, you also need to maintain Windows registry. We know that no matter whenever the computer or a program starts, it will read through the Windows registry database for needed entries or processes. If it is messed with thousands of broken/missing/corrupted entries, the computer speed will become desperately slow. So, you should pay attention to make the registry database clean and error-free neither by manually or automatically with some registry cleaner programs. They are designed to quickly scan the computer and remove the useless/invalid entries & repair the broken/missing/corrupted ones within clicks.
To sum, with some good habits in using the hard disk, you can easily increase computer speed without taking it to the PC repair store. Still annoyed with a slow computer speed? Why not perform all the steps here now??
- How Secure is Your Blog? Top Security Tips
- System error 67 repair - Troubleshoot and fix system error 67 now!
- Shellrestart.exe error - Fix shellrestart.exe error now
- Increase your computer speed - How can you make PC faster?
- Computer error code 583 - What does error 583 mean and how to fix it?
- STOP Error 0x0000001C - How to fix STOP Error 0x0000001C now?
- How do I get my old computer to run much faster?
- Fatal error 1141 - Fix Windows fatal error 1141 easily
- Fix a slow computer - Best ways to make computer run faster