When attempting to add a printer or print a page, have you ever got this HP print spooler error message: “Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running.” Even though sometimes you force it to stay running, it keeps on showing an error message saying that: “Operation could not be completed.” If you see this HP print spooler error or some other similar printer errors when trying to print a page, here is some helpful info on how to fix spooler error the quickest way.
Most of the time, it seems like the Print Spooler is dependent on other services which are not running and that is why you are facing this HP print spooler error. At this time, you should immediately perform the following few steps:
* Right-click “My Computer” on the desktop, and then click Manage. In the dialog box that appears, expand the “Services and Applications” node.
* Then go to Services and right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option.
* Go to the Dependencies tab.
* Here in the first box you will be able to see the list of all of the system services that are needed to start the Print Spooler service and for its smooth running. These are called dependencies
* Here, you have to check and make sure that you have enabled all the services in which the Print Spooler is dependent on.
* Now, right-click the services and go to Properties and then change the Startup type to Automatic for each of the services on which Print Spooler is dependent.
* Quit the Services and try your printer again. At the time, the “print spooler not running” problem can be solved immediately after a system reboot.
Sometimes, the HP printer Spooler problem can be solved by reinstalling the printer spooling drivers. The outdated drivers will sometimes contain some unknown bugs that cannot run the printer Spooler properly. Otherwise, the outdated drivers will seriously result in slow computer performance, blue screen errors, and printer spooler not working problems. So do remember to check and update all outdated drivers of the printer app. By the way, it is recommended that you can also update all available Windows service packs. This helps to ensure the proper running of the computer of all programs installed.
And in some situation, the HP print spooler error is likely going to happen when the fuser is getting stuck. Sometimes the upper and lower rollers get stuck together, or a flat spot may develop on the lower roller. It could be something else, but it has always been the fuser for the printer spooler error on my computer. You can try swapping it with another machine and see if your problem moves.
Finally, clean up registry errors. As the statistic shows, 90% of the time when you are experiencing a HP print spooler error, you are having the chance that something goes wrong with your windows registry. Every time you run a software or you install or uninstall software application, certain registry entries are made. So does a printer. After some time your windows system will be full of corrupted errors, making your printer cannot read its required files to complete the print job correctly. If you do not usually clean up computer registry, you will probably be surprise at all the errors that you will find in your system after scanning your registry. Cleaning up registry errors with Advanced PC Tweaker, can make your computer run faster.
All in all, though it is common to get a HP print spooler error, you can fix it quickly by following the solutions here and print what you want correctly. Take them now and you can always run your printer without problems.
- ietag - How to Fix Missing ietag problem in Windows 7
- Sound problems windows 7 - Steps to fix sound problem in Windows 7 quickly
- What is ati2evxx.exe process and how to remove ati2evxx.exe error?
- Error 0X00000709 repair - How to connect the printer to a network properly?
- Windows update error 80070426 - Solutions to fix it now
- Detailed causes and solutions for nvapi.dll error
- Hap.dll error - How to fix missing hap.dll error?
- Unable to install iTunes? Steps to fix iTunes error quickly
- Computer won’t check a disk - What should you do when disk error check won't run?