System error code 3 is common computer error that lots of users will encounter when using the computer. It always tells “The system cannot find the path specified.” Sometimes, the error code may also display as “ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND” or as the value 0x3. But do you know how to fix it and enjoy a pleasant computer life all the time? Here, I will discuss details about what causes this computer and how to repair error code 3 quickly within minutes.
What will cause the error code 3 to appear?
Even though the annoying error code 3 messages can be caused by many issues, the commonly known causes are those:
*The required driver is not installed properly on the computer.
*The required driver is missing or corrupted.
*The required driver is out-of-date.
*The device is not configured correctly as the default device.
*There is something wrong with the computer itself.
*The path you want to access is attacked by virus.
Steps to repair error code 3
After learning its causes, you can more effectively prevent and fix it in your daily computer life. To fix it, perform the steps one by one.
To solve this problem, what you need to do first is to make sure that all drive are accessible correctly, and the Chkdsk program is one that helps to recover files from any damaged areas of the disk and will sometimes solve this computer problem as you can see the steps below:
* Go to Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
* When the Command Prompt window opens, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER to proceed. Then, you will be prompted to schedule Chkdsk to run when the computer restarts.
* Press Y, and then press ENTER.
* Restart your computer as request. During the system startup, Windows will fully scan your disk for errors; try to recover any files that are located on damaged areas on the disk.
Secondly, you have to check that all required drivers are correctly installed on the computer. Besides, do remember to update the outdated drivers on the computer. Most of the time, the outdated driver can severely cause the system error code 3 messages. So if wanting to prevent and fix this system error, you should go to make sure that you are using all drivers that work perfectly with your operating system and it is always up to date.
Thirdly, you still need to scan and remove all viruses from your computer. Viruses and malicious programs are able to attack and destroy all files on the computer. Once the system cannot access and read the needed files properly, the error code 3 messages will appear.
Fourthly, the error will appear when there is something wrong with Windows registry. Registry is the central database for Windows-based system that stores vital files, information, settings and options. Windows will access the files it needs to load up certain applications through this database. However, when the registry gets corrupted, damaged, clogged up, or infected, Windows will be unable to read the files properly, resulting annoying computer errors just like blue screen errors and so on. Hence, it will make your computer to run slower and trigger possible errors just like system error code 3 when using the computer.
With the above solutions, you can quickly troubleshoot and fix system error code 3 on your computer immediately. Also, you can use such computer maintenance tips to effectively prevent the error from appearing in your daily life. Good luck!
- Remove lowtheprice ads Safely and Effectively
- How to Remove Backdoor/Zegost.AD.2909 Completely Off Your PC
- Remove gen:adware.bprotector.1 - The Safest Way to Perform gen:adware.bprotector.1 Removal
- Remove ADWARE/GFilter.A.93 Safely and Effectively
- Way to Fix combo.exe Error Quickly
- A Guide to Fix winlogon.exe Error
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware.AdMoke from Annoying You
- Error Loading Dll on Startup - Perfect Ways to Fix Dll Problem
- How to Remove Win32/Injector.Autoit.ST.Gen Completely Off Your PC