Error code 0x8007064c is for an installation path or source that cannot be found and you will encounter this computer error when trying to install or uninstall a program from the computer. Most of the time, the error message looks like:
“The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ‘mp_ambits.msi’ in the box blew.
“Microsoft security essentials installation wizard error code 0x8007064c”
Soon after getting this error message, it won’t be possible for you to successfully install or uninstall programs from the computer. So you should not ignore it and must search for error code 0x8007064c fix instantly as it is likely to causes unexpected computer freezing, system crashes, program installation failure, missing or broken data gradually.
How to fix error code 0x8007064c immediately?
Step 1. To resolve this issue, you need to reinstall MSE first.
- Download the MSE installer for your Operating System from its home page.
- Save the file to your Desktop or somewhere else.
- Now press the Windows Key and R all at the same time to directly open the RUN dialog box.
- Ensure that you have delete any entries inside the RUN box first, then drag the MSE installer into the RUN dialog box.
- Depending on your Operating System, after dragging the file into RUN it should appear as any of the three below:
“C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Desktop\mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-xp.exe”
- Now put a space in between the whole line and put /U as seen below:
“C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Desktop\mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-xp.exe” /U
C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Desktop\mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-vista-win7 /U
C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Desktop\mssefullinstall-amd64fre-en-us-vista-win7.exe /U
- Hit OK.
- Now install MSE using the same package you have just downloaded.
- By following these steps, the error 0x8007064c will be solved soon.
Step 2. Update any outdated driver
Only updated device drivers can correctly translate information between your system and software applications, or error code 0x8007064c. To do this, just follow the steps here:
1. Right-click My Computer and open the Device Manager;
2. Check whether there is any yellow exclamation mark
3. Right-click the marked hardware
4. Choose Update Driver
Step 3. Fix registry errors
We all know that registry plays an important role and controls the proper running of the system and all programs installed on the computer. Every program has a corresponding entry in registry in order to always run as expected. If the two solutions above do not solve the error 0x8007064c, it is easy to decide that the cause lies in a corrupted Windows registry. So a simple registry fix will help to fix error code 0x8007064c instantly.
To sum, with the error code 0x8007064c fix solutions here, you can quickly enjoy an error-free computer. But when coming to the cause of a corrupted registry database, it is better that you can download & run a top rated registry cleaner to prevent more serious computer errors. By the way, these solutions also help to prevent Windows error 7, Windows update error 646, error code 0, etc.
- Effective Ways to Stop ADWARE/AgentCV.A.1236 from Annoying You
- Guide to Remove ads by trustedealz
- Remove Backdoor/ZeroAccess.A.1121 - The Safest Way to Perform Backdoor/ZeroAccess.A.1121 Removal
- How to Stop ads by movie wizard Easily - Removal Guide
- Guide to Remove ads by lightning savings
- Guide to Remove Adware/iBryte.A.15407
- Remove Tube Dimmer ads Safely and Effectively
- Effective Ways to Stop win32/adware.multiplug.i from Annoying You
- Computer keeps rebooting itself - Help for frequent computer restarts problem