When trying to connect to a web for a few seconds, some will get the error 106 message: “Error 106 (net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED): The Internet connection has been lost” and then cannot visit the desired pages successfully. Sometimes, this error message appears when the sever is too busy, but for a bunch of other users it did not ring true as it can be caused due to a loose connection of the drive or power connection or something else. Anyhow, no matter what the cause is, in my article here you will get detailed solutions to fix error 106 on yourself.
How to fix error 106?
With the blow steps, you can easily troubleshoot and fix the error 106 on your computer immediately.
*Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter to go.
*Select Connections/LAN Settings to make sure that all the boxes are unchecked.
*Then go to Start/Run again and type ncpa.cpl and press enter.
*Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Here, you have to make sure that the Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked correctly.
* Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter.
*IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter and then change the IP Address to 0.0.0.0
* Also, type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter; type ipconfig /renew.
* Now type ipconfig /all. And now, you should have a new IP address and try it again to see whether the error 106 has been solved from your PC or not.
If you still cannot connect, please try scanning and updating all outdated drivers on your PC. Such outdated drivers will stop the system from successfully connecting the web correctly and generate the frustrated error 106 messages. Besides, it is highly recommended that you should download and install all available Windows update services. This enhances computer stability and improves PC performance quickly.
Sometimes, the registry entries used to connect the webs has been corrupted will also cause the error 106 message when you are trying to connect to the webs. We know that registry is the main component of Windows-based operating system to control the proper operation of all computer requests. If something goes wrong, you may fail to connect to the Internet and browse your desired sites correctly. So, the last step I want to mention here is to scan and repair Windows registry errors. With a clean and compact registry database, you can always enjoy a smooth computer life without problems. You can do this manually by yourself or automatically with a designed registry clean tool. But to ensure the security of the computer, it will be much better to download and run a registry tool to do the job for you.
Still having problem in browsing your favorite sites because of the annoying error 106 messages? Try my solutions here and you may run a computer without errors within steps.
- How to Remove PUP.hacktool.patcher Completely Off Your PC
- How to Stop Adware/InetMedia.A.1 Easily - Removal Guide
- Guide to Remove LoadTubes Adware
- Application Virtualization Error - What is it and how to solve it?
- A Guide to Fix doubletake.exe Error
- Remove Win32/Kryptik.BQIY - The Safest Way to Perform Win32/Kryptik.BQIY Removal
- Remove Adware/Kraddare.9.5 Safely and Effectively
- How to Remove Win32/AdWare.Oceanmug.B Completely Off Your PC
- Answers to common Windows 7 CHKDSK questions