When trying to create a folder on the drive, some users will get the following error:
“An unexpected error is keeping you from creating the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0X80070571: The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.”
Sometimes, the error 0X80070571 can also happen when you are trying to delete a folder from the computer. What exactly causes the problem and how can you fix it instantly?
To prevent and fix error 0X80070571, first you have to check and fix the corrupted system files. If the Windows cannot recall the correct file to boot up the computer, you will sooner or later get an error message when trying to save, create or delete a file. If so, you should repair the system with System File Checker (SFC) – a useful command-line system tools that come on all current versions of Windows to scan system files and replace incorrect or damaged files. Here, I take Windows XP as an example to tell you how to use the System File Checker:
*Go to Start, and then Run.
*Type and enter “sfc /scannow” (without quotes but with the space) and follow the instructions to go.
* Then you files will be scanned and repaired quickly is necessary. Depending on your own system, it may take 10-15 minutes to do this job.
If you are still unable to fix the error 0X80070571, you may try performing a system restore from Windows Recovery Enviornment to get the computer to an earlier date. A simple system restore job always helps to quickly get back the computer quickly when something goes wrong, but sometimes you make lose some of your important data. To do this, simply follow the steps here to go:
* Insert the installation disc and restart the computer.
* If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.
* Choose the language settings, and then click “Next” to continue.
* Click Repair your computer.
*Then, you should select the operating system you want to repair, and click “Next” to go.
*On the System Recovery Options menu, click System restore and select the date on which the computer was working fine.
Thirdly, to prevent and fix error 0X80070571 you should run your antivirus regularly. From a study we can learn that many computer shutdown problems are caused by either spyware or malware that installed on the PC without permission. However, lots of users do not realize that the computer can be easily get infected just by using Google, searching for a term, and visiting a resulting page. When some files on the PC were attacked and mis-removed from the PC, the computer will stop you from saving/deleting or creating a file. At this time, an excellent anti-virus program is a must. By the way, it is highly recommended that you should have these anti-spyware/malware programs running in the background to realtime block and remove all PC threats.
Lastly, you should check and repair computer registry errors. Usually, when you uninstall a certain program, all the unused files and keys are deleted in the registry but not all the time. There are registry cleaner programs out there that will clean up the registry files whenever you uninstall a program form your computer. This reduces the clutter in your registry and you will not have big issues just like error 0X80070571 regarding your computer’s performance. To ensure the proper running of the computer and some software/hardware installed, you have to fix all these registry errors. Right now, it is quite easy for you to get a registry cleaner from the Internet to thoroughly scan the whole system and get rid all errors inside. By the way, it is a good idea to clean up your registry at least once a week and make it an essential part of your maintenance toolkit and you are all good.
In a word, it is inevitable for us to get kinds of errors while using the computer. But you are able to deal with some instantly with the exactly proper solutions. Take the steps here, you can quickly fix error 0X80070571 on your own.
- SDtray.exe system error - Causes and solutions
- Blue screen error code C1F5 - How to prevent & fix it?
- Simple Solutions to Fix I/O Device Error for External Hard Drive
- What causes javaw.exe application error and how to fix it?
- Netr6164.sys blue screen error - How to fix blue screen with netr6164.sys error?
- Speed up computer speed - How can you make computer faster quickly?
- Application error 0Xc0000135 - How to fix “application error 0Xc0000135” quickly?
- XP computer won't boot in safe mode - How to boot into safe mode correctly?
- 0x00000e9 error fix - Repair 0x00000e9 error instantly by yourself