Upon installing some programs especially Windows Live Essentials, some PC users will keep on receiving an error 0X80040705 and a “couldn’t install photo gallery and movie maker” message. Many users told me that they have tried to completely uninstall and reinstall but still got the same error message. It pops up again and again to prevent the users from installing the desired applications correctly. What should you do to solve error 0X80040705 quickly?
To solve error 0X80040705, first you have check and configure your Windows Firewall properly. Some Firewall will stop the connection between the system and the application, leading to the code 0X80040705 error message. To configure your windows firewall, properly follow these steps:
*Click Start and open Control Panel
* In Control Panel open Network Connections
* Right-click on the internet connection which you are currently using and go to its properties
* In properties click on Security and turn off the Firewall
Also, you have to ask yourself what you have recently installed on the PC or made any changes to your Device Manager before the error 0X80040705 message appeared. If so, the problem might be caused by the changes that you have ever made. So to get rid of the error message, undo the change if possible and restart your computer to see whether the problem has been solved.
If the two steps above do not work, the problem can be caused by the spyware or viruses on your computer. Once some needed files was attacked or broken by threats, the system will fail to recall needed files to read your inserted CD/DVD drive and then cause the error code 0X80040705 problems. At this time, you should run your antivirus antispyware program to check whether there are some infections existing. By the way, to make your antivirus programs running in the background helps to block and remove PC threats at any time.
If none of the above steps solve the error 0X80040705, directly restore your computer to a previous state. To do this you can follow the steps here to go:
*Start up the pc and sign on as an admin.
* Then click the Get started button then click Programs, Accessories, System, after which click on Restore.
* In the next screen, select “Restore my machine to an earlier date” then click Next.
* Choose the most up to date restore point within the “click a restoration date” list, then click on Next.
* Click ‘Next’ on the confirmation screen.
*Restart the system as soon as the restoration has finished.
If you still encounter the error 0X80040705 after performing the suggested steps above, then you may have some setbacks in your registry. The registry is a big reason why Windows Live Essentials will not install onto your computer. This is a central database which stores all the important settings & options which Windows requires to run, making it highly important that you’re able to use a program that’s able to remove any of the problems that your computer could have inside. This is a common reason why Windows will not be able to install programs onto your system, making it vital that you’re able to fix any of the potential registry errors that your computer could have. To do this, you should download RegCure Pro and let it scan & fix any of the problems that your PC may have.
As you can see that it is quite easy to deal with error 0X80040705 if you know how to do. But in my opinion, the best way to maintain PC performance and repair kinds of PC errors is to directly run a PC optimization utility. It will deeply scan the entire system and get rid of all existing & potential PC errors on your own.
- No sound computer - how to fix no sound on computer?
- Easy tips & tricks to troubleshoot & fix runtime error 372
- Error 501 fix - How to fix error 501 quickly?
- What The Heck Is This Thing Called Spyware?
- What does “Error allocating memory” at PC startup mean?
- Why does a “Loading PBR for Descriptor” appear frequently and how to fix it?
- Chrome unknown installer error - Install Google Chrome successfully
- Troubleshoot and fix Windows computer error code 31
- How to Edit Windows Registry - 2 Tips in Editing Windows Registry