Have you ever received the error 0X800070424 when trying to launch some applications on the PC, especially the Windows firewall? This is quite a common PC error that lots of PC will encounter while using the computer to stop them from running some programs correctly. To well secure the computer and your personal information, do not ignore this error especially when it pops up in launching your Windows Firewall.
Sometimes, too many Temp files on the computer will prevent you from accessing the correct system files properly, causing the error 0X800070424 when you are trying to load some programs. So, you should immediately clean out the Temp Folder from your computer. The Temp folder on the computer sometimes contains files that are interfering with the installation of lots of computer applications. So, you can directly remove it from the computer to see whether it helps to solve the error code 0X800070424. Here, I take Windows XP as an example to show you how to clean out the Tem folder.
* Click on Start and then Run.
* In open window, type %Temp% and click OK. Then a folder full of files and other folders will appear.
* To remove several or individual folders or files, hold down your Ctrl key while left-clicking on each item you want delete; to delete all items, hit your Delete key or choose File and then “Delete” from the menu.
*Confirm that you are going to delete the files by clicking “Yes” on the Confirm Multiple File Delete window that opens.
After removing the Temp folder from the computer, you can try running the programs again to see whether you are able to launch it correctly without problems.
If possible, add more RAM to the computer. If there is not enough RAM to launch the program properly, you will get an error 0X800070424 message. At this time, you’d better buy and add more RAM to your computer. Here is a list of the minimum RAM required by some common Windows-based operating system.
*Windows XP requires a minimum of 256 MB of RAM.
* Windows Vista needs at least 512 MB of RAM to run, but it requires at least 1 GB or more if you are using the computer to play games.
*Windows 7 needs at least 1 GB of RAM to ensure its proper running.
Thirdly, the error 0X800070424 might be caused when your hard drive is failing or has failed or by some other errors on your hard disk. So, the third step you should do to fix the program error is to make sure there is no error existing in your hard disk. To perform the disk error checking, you can simply perform the below steps:
* Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the disk that you want to check.
* Click Properties, and then Tools.
* Under Error-checking, click Check Now. Then a dialog box with the Check disk options will display.
*Then, you can use one of the following procedures to fix the hard disk errors:
- To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, directly click Start.
- To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the “Automatically fix file system errors” and then hit Start to continue.
- Select the “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” check box if you want to repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, and then click Start.
Lastly, it is highly advised that you can run a best free registry cleaner to thoroughly scan and fix all errors inside Windows registry. We know that registry is the main part of all Windows-based OS as it contains and stores all setting & options of the computer. Hence, the system will read through the whole registry database for corresponding entries when you are installing applications to ensure its proper installation and running. However, the error 0X800070424 messages will happen due to a missing or corrupted registry entry. If you can fix all the broken/missing entries in registry database, I believe the error 0X800070424 can also be fixed, too.
As you can see that though there are many reasons causing the appearance of error 0X800070424, you are able to fix it with some very simple solutions. Take them now and you can enjoy an error-clean system within clicks.
- SMART Hard Disk Error - Detailed causes and solutions
- Xinput1_3.dll is missing - Fix xinput1_3.dll error instantly right now
- YouTube crashes computer - How to prevent computer crashes while viewing YouTube videos?
- System error -2147024864 - Quickly fix system error -2147024864 now
- "Error 1305: Setup Cannot Read File" - Fix Error 1305 During Installation
- Blue screen error memory management - Get rid of blue screen immediately
- Slow Windows 7? – Here are solutions to speed up your slow Windows 7
- What causes error code 3 and how to fix it immediately?
- DLL Problems Fix - Steps to Check & Fix DLL Problems Instantly