The dbghelp.dll error message might just be one of the most common messages computer users will receive when using the computer. Basically, it warns you that the dbghelp.dll file isn’t working properly and also because of this, some certain programs on your computer won’t work either by showing the following error messages:
* “Dbghelp.dll Not Found”
* “This application failed to start because dbghelp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
* “Cannot find [PATH]\dbghelp.dll”
* “The file dbghelp.dll is missing.”
* “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: dbghelp.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
In my opinion, the context of the dbghelp.dll error provides very helpful and important information to solve the problem. Here we go!
Causes of dbghelp.dll error
Dbghelp.dll errors are caused the mis- removal or corruption of the dbghelp DLL file. And in some cases, dbghelp.dll errors could also be caused by a registry problem, a virus & malware issue or even a hardware/software failure, which are also the causes of igfxpers.exe error and mshta.exe error.
Ways to fix dbghelp.dll error
1. Restore dbghelp.dll for your computer. Most of the time, the cause of a “missing” dbghelp.dll file is that you’ve mistakenly deleted it. If you can find it in the Recycle bin, simply restore it to see whether it solves the problem. And it is also a smart idea to first search your Recycle bin for the dbghelp.dll file when you are getting the “missing dbghelp.dll” or “dbghelp.dll not found” error.
However, if you cannot find it there, you can directly download one from a trusted website or copy it from other computer with same operating system. By replacing it on the computer, you can simply fix the dbghelp.dll error on your computer.
2. Run a full virus/malware scan of your entire system. Some dbghelp.dll errors could be caused by a virus or other malware infection as they are able to damage the DLL file.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the program that uses the dbghelp.dll file. If the dbghelp.dll DLL error only occurs when you are using a particular program, reinstalling the program should replace the missing file on your computer and fix the dll error.
4. Use a trusted registry cleaner to repair dbghelp.dll issues that caused by the registry. Right now, almost all registry cleaner programs are able to help by removing invalid registry entries that might be causing the dbghelp.dll error.
5. Check and update all outdated drivers for hardware devices. Some outdated drivers on the computer can also cause the “The file dbghelp.dll is missing” error. By the way, it is best that you can set your computer to automatically download and install all available Windows service packs.
Above are really the common methods that you can do to get rid of the dbghelp.dll error messages. But I still want to say that, to prevent and fix dbghelp.dll error effectively, it is best that you can always ensure an error-free registry database by regularly running a registry cleaner and repair tool as it always controls the proper running of the computer.
- Guide to Remove Adware.TargetSaver
- Remove adware.agent2!mnavbateeoa - The Safest Way to Perform adware.agent2!mnavbateeoa Removal
- Remove Backdoor.Win32.Agent.bimm - The Safest Way to Perform Backdoor.Win32.Agent.bimm Removal
- How to Remove Adware.MetaSearch Completely Off Your PC
- How to Uninstall Secret Service in Windows 7
- Effective Ways to Stop adware/agent.71168.2 from Annoying You
- How to Stop supporter adware Easily - Removal Guide
- Effective Ways to Stop Adware/ANDR.Flurry.A.1006 from Annoying You
- How to Stop adware.win32.multiplug.40 Easily - Removal Guide