When starting Microsoft Word, you may sometimes get the following error message:
Component ‘comctl32.ocx’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
The comctl32.ocx file is required by Nitro PDF Professional and the problem above will happen when the system could not found and read it properly in the system32 directory (%system_root%/Windows/system32) or by some other aspects, just like virus infections or registry issue. But don’t worry! You are reaching the right place here for solutions to fix comctl32.ocx error on your computer immediately.
1. Re-register File
If the file is not properly registered in the registry, it may result in ComCtl32.ocx error. So, the first step that you need to do register the file on your computer again.
1. Open My Computer and then the directory:
2. Right click comdlg32.dll file and select Cut option.
3. Open this directory:
4. Click Start and type Command Prompt in the Search box.
5. Right click it from the search results and select Run as Administrator option.
6. Type the following command and press ENTER to go:
7. When you have finished the control registration process, type exit and press ENTER.
8. Restart your computer to see whether you still get the error message or not.
2. Restore the System to an Earlier State
If you have ever made a backup before the ComCtl32.ocx error showing on your computer, you can restore your computer to that date so as to fix the problem. But sometimes, this will get rid of some programs that you just installed recently.
3. Relocate the Original File from the Installation disk
Most of the time, the ComCtl32.ocx error was caused by the mis-removal or corruption of the file on your computer. An original copy of this file will replace the one on the computer and remove the dll error immediately. You can simply perform the below steps to get this job finished:
*Insert the Windows installation disc in your DVD Drive.
* Click Start, then Run.
* Type SFC /ScanNow and press ENTER.
3. Repair Computer Registry
Windows registry is used to store all information of the hardware and software on your computer. So, bad and corrupted entries may also cause ComCtl32.ocx error. At this time, you can easily download and run a Registry Cleaner software and perform a full registry scan to detect and remove all registry errors from the computer. And RegCure Pro is one that will do this job perfectly for your computer. If you are wondering which registry tool you should use, you can directly download and have a trial with this one.
- Fat32 disk error - How to fix a fat32 disk error?
- Error 324 no data received - Steps to fix error 324 quickly
- Windows error 2 – How can you fix Windows update error 2?
- How can I maximize my Internet speed?
- Computer startup errors - How to troubleshoot and fix errors during startup?
- STOP Error 0x0000001D fix - Stop error 0x0000001D from appearing frequently
- Event 315 with error 2114 fix - Troubleshoot & fix event 315 with error 2114 at PC startup
- Perfect Optimizer Review ? Repair Windows Registry Errors Efficiently
- What does the error "Integer divide by zero" mean?