The Code 31 error is one of the most common Device Manager Error codes and most of the time, it will display on your screen within the following way:
“This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)”
As what it said, a Code 31 error should be caused by any number of reasons that stops the Windows from successfully loading the driver for the particular hardware device. In order to ensure the proper running of the computer, you should pay attention to this error and fix code error 31 instantly.
To fix code 31 error, you can simply perform the below steps:
1. Restart your computer when you are getting the code error message for the first time.
There are some chances that the Code 31 error you’re seeing was caused by some temporary problem with Device Manager. If this is the cause, a simple reboot might fix the Code 31 quickly.
2. Check what you have just installed or changed.
So, have you ever installed a device or made any change to your Device Manager before the Code 31 error appeared? If so, it’s very likely that the change you made caused the annoying error code. At this time, you should undo the change if you can and restart your PC to see whether the Code 31 error appear again.
By the way, here are some solutions that you could do to restore your computer to a previous state:
* Remove or uninstall the newly installed device.
* Roll back your driver to a version prior to your update.
* Use System Restore to restore your computer to a state before the code 31 error appeared.
3. Update the outdated drivers of the device. If the problem was caused by an outdated driver, by installing the latest manufacturer supplied drivers for a device will fix Code 31 error quickly.
4. Fix Windows registry. Sometimes, a minor mistake in Windows registry will also cause this code 31 error, especially when the Windows fail to read the required entries to load the driver. If the above solutions do not work, try running a registry repair tool to fix all errors inside registry.
5. Replace your hardware. This is the last thing that you might need to do to fix the Code 31 error. It’s also likely that the device is not compatible with your Windows’ version and then causes the code 31 error. You can simply check the Windows HCL to be sure.
By the way, RegCure Pro is able to scan your computer for corrupted or missing registry entries, and provide you the easiest way to fix them within clicks. Additionally, it ensures that you can quickly improve overall computer performance within several clicks.
- 0×80070643 error fix - Fix error 0×80070643 on Windows update now!
- Record sound from computer - How to do when computer has no sound?
- Matlab runtime error - Fix matlab runtime error easily
- Qtcf.dll Error Fix- A Tutorial to Fix Errors Within Click?
- What is hkcmd.exe file and how to fix hkcmd.exe error?
- Aol.exe error fix - Solve aol.exe error the easiest way
- Scan options are not set - Install or run device software on computer
- Computer is very slow - Solution to increase computer speed
- Server.exe error - What causes server.exe error and how to fix it?