It is quite common for you to get a bad image error message when starting up or running the computer. Typically, the error message looks like “waupp.exe – bad image; C:\Windows\system32\ ogg.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.” When such error message appears, you may fail to run the computer or launch your desired programs properly as usual. Even though Windows 7 is claimed to be the most advanced operating, it can also generate s bad image error message. But what causes it and how can you solve this Windows 7 issue quickly?
Most of the time, the Windows 7 bad image error message simply means a dll cannot be found anywhere on the system by showing a dll is missing error message. This can be resolved by replacing the specific dll file on your computer. You can do this with the three steps here:
* Download a file from a safe web page and place it under its default location.
* Copy the dll file from other computer with the same operating system
* Restore the dll file from the recycle bin if you have mis-deleted it to this folder.
If you have installed a program lately before the bad image error messages appear, make sure that you have done it correctly and it does not conflict with other programs installed on the PC. If so, a complete uninstall of the incompatible programs/application will solve the Windows 7 bad image error immediately. Do remember to always use the proper steps in adding or removing a program. Use the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Control Panel and it will help you uninstall all unneeded programs correctly. By the way, it is highly suggested that you should not install these incompatible programs again as this helps to stop any further bad image errors.
Thirdly, you have to note that computer viruses are really harmful programs, which put negative impact on every computer, no matter it is new or an old one. Once such threats get onto the computer, they will do as what they want on the computer – collect & steal users’ personal information, attack & remove any files from the computer, hijack your browsers, etc. In this way, we can say that these malicious programs are very dangerous for health of computer. So, when getting the Windows 7 bad image error message, the third thing you should do is to directly scan your PC with an antivirus antispyware program to get rid of all existing & potential threats from the computer.
However, the Windows 7 bad image error can most of the time occur if your registry is already cluttered with a lot of junk files or useless entries. Playing as the main component of the Windows-based operating system, a large accumulation of trashes in the registry database can corrupt this file, relocate it to another location, or even delete it; causing this problem to emerge. So, the last and the most important tip you should do on how to fix bad image error on Windows 7 is to clean up your registry with an advanced computer repair tool. After eliminating all junk files, fixing all existing errors, and re-registering all corrupt dll files with this tool, you will find that your computer run smoothly without dll error messages any more.
Those are the common causes and solutions for the frequent Windows 7 bad image error messages. To ensure the smooth running of the computer, you should take instant actions to check & deal with those issues as quickly as you find it.
- How to fix code 0xeb020b88 error with mouse in Windows xp?
- Ms09.dll error fix - How to fix ms09.dll error within seconds?
- Windows error code 43 - How to fix code 43 error?
- Computer won't get to the home screen - What should you do?
- Windows Installer Error 1721 - How To Fix Installer Error 1721
- iTunes error 0xE8000025 - Methods to fix iTunes error 0xE8000025 quickly
- Use Windows Registry Repair Tool - How to Repair PC Registry
- Why can’t I get sound on my computer? Fix PC sound now
- Igxpdx32.dll error fix - Tips to repair igxpdx32.dll error instantly