When turning on the computer, some computer users will be welcomed by HP’s boot up menu with the usual commands, F9, F10, F11, etc; however, when pressing the F9 to run the Diagnostics Tool, the following error message appears when it checks the HDD:
“Testing: Boot path
Error code: BIOHD-2
Warning: No drives detected
Suggestion: Turn off your system and verify the drive cables are securely attached”
Even though they have done as prompted to turn off the computer & unplugged said cable and plugged it in again, same error messages happen. Before contacting the HP support team or taking the computer to a repair store, you can try the steps here first to fix error code BIOHD-2 by yourself.
First of all, we all know that together with the development of the computer technology, PC viruses infect millions of computers every day. From a simple study we can learn that, all PCs are at a 90% risk to be infected even though it is only for daily computer use. Viruses can destroy data, steal important personal information, and even make a computer run completely unstably. Besides, viruses are able to hijack the browser to navigate you to some undesired websites or generate kinds of error message including BIOHD-2 error messages. So, the first tip you should do right now is to thoroughly scan your whole computer and remove all PC threats.
Secondly, the outdated BIOS can also be the main cause of the error. To fix the error code BIOHD-2, the second thing you should do is to make sure that the BIOS has been updated to the latest version and all values entered in the BIOS are correct or simply reset them to the default settings. By the way, some other outdated drivers in the computer will sometimes bring in this BIOS error messages, so do remember to download & install all available updates for other of the hardware & software on the computer. In addition to, you’d better install all available Windows service packs.
Then, it is best that you can check whether there are some hardware problems. It is very problem for the hardware to generate some unexpected computer errors including code BIOHD-2 problems. To do this, you have to work on these aspects:
*Ensure that the CPU is not being over-clocked.
* Run the chkdsk command-line command together with the /r switch on the disk that contains the registry hive files to check & solve all hard disk errors.
* Make sure that all drivers are signed drivers and upgraded to the latest version.
* Check and make sure you apply the latest basic input/output system (BIOS) updates to the computer.
If you are not able to deal with the error code BIOHD-2 with the above solutions, the last step you should do is to check & fix registry errors. We know that Windows registry plays an crucial role in almost all Windows-based system as it is where the most essential data are stored which most programs need so as to run properly & smoothly; at the same time it also holds a large amount of the rubbish files which eventually slow down the computer and bring in kinds of unknown PC errors. As you uninstall a program or remove a file from the PC, some useless files will be left behind. And the accumulation of these trash data greatly affects the performance of the computer. If the system cannot find the required entries to do your job as requested, it will show an BIOHD-2 error message. Simply run a registry fix tool and launch it to scan & fix all errors inside your Windows registry; then I believe you will be able to run the computer pleasantly all the time.
The above instructions will completely troubleshoot and fix BIOHD-2 error on your computer. If you are not sure how to start the manual fix, get Advanced PC Tweaker here right now. It will thoroughly scan the whole PC and get rid of all error causing the error code BIOHD-2 by yourself now.
- How to fix Windows update error 80070490 quickly?
- Windows update error 80240016 - Fix error 80240016 and install updates correctly
- How to fix a white screen? Fix computer white screen error instantly
- Sqmapi.dll missing - How to fix sqmapi.dll error quickly?
- Speed computer performance - How can you make computer faster soon?
- How to Force Uninstall Program A in Windows 7?
- Msdia80.dll cannot be loaded - Fix Msdia80.dll error quickly
- Having sptd.sys problem? Steps to fix sptd.sys error quickly
- Repair Registry File Software - How to Repair System Registry